chapter nine - Mabel has a weird obsession.

it was around late afternoon on a Monday and the twins were out at the library. (dipper trying to crack the codes of the universe and Mabel having her crush of the week.) I was chilling on the cash register desk thingy, (until stan kicked me off and told me to start working but that didn't stop me.) talking to Wendy about random things, stupid scenarios, and would you rather questions like: "would you rather drink Mabel's Mabel juice or freeze to death?" (we both picked freeze to death.)

this went on until the twins came back with Mabel having that lovestruck look in her eyes and dipper looking exhausted while holding a laptop. Mabel told us her plan for the puppet show and soon enough we were all being put to work. this went on for a few days, dipper getting more and more tired and Mabel getting more and more hyped for her new puppet crazed crush. and soon enough, it was Thursday. 

"alright the play is going to be called glove story! a sock opera." Mabel said with puppets for hands "just a warning people's eyes will get wet! because they will be crying... from laughing! from how tragic it is..." I gave a light chuckle at her attempt to be dark.

"yeah, that sounds great" Dipper said struggling with a sock stuck to his face as I walk over to help him get it off, ripping it off of his face like a bandage that refuses to move.

"come on dipper, you just got to roll with Mabel's craziness. its what makes life worth living" Wendy said, while drying off socks

"puppet boy, puppet boy, your the boy I loveee" Mabel started everybody finished at the end except me (while I was busy sticking eyeballs on freshly dried socks.)

"not even gonna ask." gruncle stan said looking into the living room and walking away.

"good idea!" I said enthusiastically pausing to look around at the mostly finished puppets, realizing I wasn't needed anymore. "I'm going upstairs on the roof if anybody needs me." I said waving a quick 'bye' and grabbing a bunch of books and stuff along with Loki who was climbing all over my old weird chair set waiting for me.

I picked him up and went up the ladder in the gift shop onto the roof. I let Loki crawl over me as I read about Egyptian myths, stopping to write down my thoughts or draw random doodles in a notebook that I brought up along with the stacks of books and the snake.

I went downstairs (down ladder?) and made myself four sandwiches, grabbed eight bottled water, ignored Mabel, and went back up the ladder and did nothing but sit and read for about five hours only stopping to check the time on my watch, go to the bathroom, and eat something when I got hungry. I hadn't known how much time had passed (as I was engrossed in my book) until dipper had come up the ladder to sit on the roof As well. 

"can I join you?" dipper said, holding the laptop and a book. (that must have contained all those eight letter words.)

"I don't see why not. just don't interrupt my reading." I said bluntly looking back at my book only to hear the sound of a grumbling stomach, I tossed dipper a sandwich and went back to reading once again.

"ughhh I cant take that sound anymore!" dipper screamed. 

"neither can I but I'm not complaining." I sassed getting up from the spot I was sitting on. (to Loki's protest, now having to climb up from my lap to my shoulders to not fall off)

"I. HATE. YOU. SOUND." dipper said pounding on his keyboard. as I pat his back in an attempt to calm him down so he doesn't wake up Mabel. or stan. or the whole town. "there has to be some shortcut or clue." dipper rubbed his eyes. "who would know about secret codes."

"I knew a few people, I mean I know a bit of codes, like Caeser, Atbash, A1Z26, morse, bianary etc. just not the best with passwords." I said kicking a loose tile on the roof "the question you should be asking yourself is 'who would know about secret passcodes.'" which then again... is the same thing... 

then the wind started blowing at a fast pace and the moon became a eyeball, shining onto dipper. 

"hey dip'n dots! the moon is watching you!" I said like a giddy child, as blue bricks formed around the eyeball-moon into the shape of a triangle then the world went gray-scale, and I had to do everything in my power to not quote everybody and everything.

"I think I know a guy!" bill said, having one for dramatic entrances. "well, well, well. your awfully persistent Pinetree, hats off to you!" he said, taking off his hat and tilting the way we stood.

"niceeee. I need that hat." I said calmly as bill let out a chuckle. I, walking up and down the newly wall as if I was a insect. I noticed that Loki at this time was frozen around my neck like a scarf causing it to be hard to move my head, so my motions were limited.

"I still have yet to understand how you remain calm." dipper said as I shrugged, turning to bill "you again!" dipper shouted

"did cha miss me? admit it you missed me." bill teased.

my entire universe missed him so-

"hardly! you worked with Gideon! you tried to destroy my uncles mind!" dipper shouted

"it was just a job kid no hard feelings" he paused "I've been keeping a E Y E  O N  Y O U since then, and I must say, I'm impressed."

"really?" dipper asked. like hell he's impressed.

"you deserve a prize! here have a head that's always screaming!"  bill said clapping his hands and summoning the screaming head

"awe. I want one." I said jokingly looking at the head then at bill then at dipper cowering in fear at the ghastly head. "you don't even like yours! shame on you dipper." I crossed my arms in a childish pouting way.

bill snapped his fingers and made the head disappear layer by layer then giving a chuckle (I was unsure if it was at my remark or dipper's reaction).

"the point is I like you, hozabout you let me give you a hint huh? I only ask for a small F A V O R in return."

"I'd never do a favor for you! don't forget who defeated you last time!" dipper shouts. man kid, people are sleeping don't wake up all of gravity falls.

"hehe right you 'defeated me'. well if you ever change your mind I'll be here for you, ready to make a deal~! hey want to hear my impression of you in about three seconds?" bill asked then started screaming.

I feel ignored.

we woke up and then dipper started screaming at the top of his lungs.

"heh. guess he was right." I said lazing on the roof like I was about to sleeping normally on a bed.

"you two are to similar." dipper said looking at me, clearly tired.

"well, I do see the connections.. I just have a lot less triangle floaty bits." I said holding up my hands in a form of a triangle to my eye, then pausing to look at the time of day. "anyway! lets go! food wont eat itself~"