thirty-nine - COW COW COW COW COW

racing through the halls running from a giant angry triangle wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. Sure, I knew he wouldn't actually kill me, and he was just joking around.

probably 

but it was still very terrifying, but in a fun way. like a horror game, you know you're not actually going to die in real life, but you still get a good spook out of it. 

I grabbed a pillar and swung around it as a way to propel myself a little more. I kept running until I reached the training room, from there I drove through, under, and into gaps in the pillars to prevent me from slowing down. I kept running until I reached a hole in the middle of the floor to which I jumped inside and landed using levitation. I looked up to see bill stop for a brief moment to become smaller to fit inside then squeeze himself into the hole. I realized my mistake and proceeded to keep running. 

"I TOLD YOU TO NOT BREAK THE WALL!" bill stated from the end of the hall, chasing me. 

"WELL, I DO WHAT I WANT" I retorted, trying to reach the end of the hall. 

"YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A TWO-YEAR-OLD" he yelled, his voice now closer. 

"THATS BECAUSE I NEVER GREW UP MENTALLY" I shouted back looking back briefly to see him less than three yards away from me. in the process of looking back my foot twisted awkwardly, and I fell over. "Awe fuck."

bill's chase came to a halt as he slowed down to see why I suddenly stopped running. 

then the pain came flooding in. I made a very unattractive face as I tried to not chant 'ow ow ow ow ow ow' over and over again. 

"Are you okay?" bill asked looking down at me.

"Nope. I think I twisted something. as I am in excruciating pain." I attempted to make a deadpan joke before my face scrunched up in pain again.

"How can I help?" bill asked very confused at normal bodily functions. 

"I need a bunch of rest, I guess. oh, and ice." I stated, trying to stand up and use bill as a weirdly shaped wall.  bill nodded and snapped his fingers, then a giant block of ice appeared Infront of us. 

"Why all the ice?" bill asked.

"I don't need that much; I need like an icepack or something for my foot so I can relieve the pain." bill nodded again, this time summoning an ice-cold well, icepack.

"Also, can we head over to my room? I don't want to have to sit here for the rest of the day. that would be very uncomfortable."

"Alright." bill says, getting up from the ground and walking outside the room, before looking back. "Are you coming- oh. right." 

"Can you come over here so I can use you as a wall again?" I ask looking over at him while trying to stand up. he silently came over and let me put my hand into his brick pattern to stay off of my foot. 

we slowly make our way back to the tip of the fear-a-mid. when we get to my room, he opens the door and steps aside to let me make my way to the couch. I wordlessly fall onto it and then realize how much that hurts. 

"Welp. you look all settled there, want me to stay?" bill asked, sitting down on the carpet. 

"Yeah sure, want to listen to something? or we could watch a movie?" I suggested. 

"sure, watcha wanna listen to?" bill asked, floating up and down. i pulled out my phone and put my playlist on shuffle.

"you could use a buddy-" i skipped the song, not in the mood.

"they say he want a good time-" skipped one again.

"its been a really really messed up week-" skipped. 

this continued for about another few minutes before i gave up, bill proceeded to cut in. 

"Ooh! I know just the song!" bill says before snapping his fingers. to which I listened carefully to the sound that was being produced. 

"Is that just a bunch of rising Shepard tone?" I ask looking over at him with confusion in my eyes. 

"Yeah! it's my favorite song. what about you?" 

I blankly looked off into space. "uhhhhhhhhhhh" I chanted, the 'uh' train never ending.

"I'll go with you have no clue." bill stated. 

"Yep, that's about it, like I have a bunch of favorite songs, it's hard to rank them because I listen to them depending on my mood." I shrugged, before getting suddenly annoyed by the Shepard tone. "Hey, can you please turn that off, it is giving me a headache."

"Yeah, that happens sometimes." he remarked, somewhat half-joking, before snapping his fingers again ad turning it off. 

"So now what? I know for sure I'm extremely bored." I say, pointing at the fact that I can't move. "And my foot isn't helping." bill nodded before pulling something out of his hat and looking through it. "whats that?"

"a list of things to do when bored, I made it after Thomas Edison stopped wanting my help after he basically made a portable sun. seriously that guy's over glorified." bill stated, giving a sarcastic eyeroll. "Anyway, but the problem is that we can't do most of these." bill said, eyeing the paper. "Or we have already done them." 

"What ones have we already done?" I ask trying to look over his arm but not being able to read the symbols on the paper. 

"Take over a small town, gain a physical form, eat an alligator-" bill listed off. 

"Excuse me when did we do that?" I ask looking up at him. 

"Do what?"

"Eat an alligator?!" I ask, confusion laced in my voice. 

"Oh, it was in those meatballs that Pyronica helped teeth make last Tuesday." bill stated, shrugging it off. "Did you not notice?" 

"CLEARLY NOT!" 

"jeezus, no need to yell kid." he stated before turning back to the list. "And here's the ones we can do at this moment: do a brewery tour, find out the exact milliseconds it takes for a rabbit to decompose fully, visit our parents, take a walk through the nightmare realm, etc etc etc." 

"Oh, wait I have an idea! get me a laptop!" I tell bill, looking over at him. suddenly a laptop appears on my lap, I log into it and then search up 'find the invisible cow.' I look over at him and say with a shit-eating grin: "cause it isn't going to find itself."

"What is the point of this...?" bill ask looking over my shoulder at the blank white screen while I hover my cursor over the part of the screen with the fastest 'COW COW COW COW COW' 

I click and the cow appears and gives a soft 'moo.' then turn to bill. "The point, is to find the invisible cow." 

"Seems legit." he nodded before taking the laptop out of my hand. 

"HEY!" I shout trying to wiggle out of the couch to play the game. "MY MINIMAL SOURCE OF ENTERTAINMENT!" 

"Nope, I'm going to find the cow for you." bill said, hiding the screen from me despite the fact I could hear the website shouting the word 'cow'. 

"I give up." I stated, pouting at the ceiling.

"good." bill says looking back at the laptop. "Y/N! I UNLOCKED THE GOAT!" 

"Good job." I deadpanned; feigning being upset with him. but still letting out a light smile. 

maybe me twisting my foot was a way for me to reconsider leaving. 

maybe I can find a way to stay. 

and I think it starts with leaving.