chapter seventeen - in which I cannot build. at all.

alright! It is a day in which I discover, I suck at literally everything! so let's do this!

I got up from my sleeping bag and sat down in a run-down spinney chair then grabbed a sheet of paper, a pencil, and started to write a list:

1. get wood, somehow. buy it, grow a tree, or steal an axe from Wendy or something. 

2. get tools, either buy them or borrow from Soos.

3. find a good spot to build it (rock place that's close to the lake and shack that I make my little stick fort?)

4. pray to the lord that you have enough experience from what your dad taught you for this.

5. hammer at shit until it's a house (maybe pull out some favors?)

6. boom, cabin.

sure, it wasn't the best list, but it was a start and I'm good with that. oh wait! I forgot something very important:

7. buy/build a ping pong table for bill.

there we go, now we are done, onwards to stealing an axe from Wendy. I walked down to the Corduroy cabin through the woods then gave a light knock until they answered, Wendy was the one who opened up the door.

"yo dude! what are you doing here? I've never seen you around these woods." Wendy said, leaning onto the doorpost.

"I'm conducting a survey on what the best animal ruler over humanity would be, so far I have an owl for wisdom, an snake for control, a pig for wealth, or an axolotl... because axolotl." I said blankly, Wendy opened her mouth, closed it, then scratched her temples for a second. "Just kidding! I need an axe; I want to build a cabin somewhere in the woods also your family are lumber people so I was wondering if you could help or something." I explained using my hands

Wendy shook out of her contemplating face and spoke up. "Oh yeah sure! do you know where you want to build it?" Wendy said going inside to grab an axe from her kitchen counter...? she then weighted it in her hands then gave it to me to carry, it felt heavy in my hands but i soon got used to the weight. 

"Yeah, there is a nicely level place a close walk to the lake that I wanted to use, is it anybody's property?" I said kicking at a nearby pebble.

"I have no clue; can you show me it?" Wendy shrugged.

"Yeah yeah, it's this way." I said grabbing her arm then walking toward the mystery shack then taking a left to show her the area where I built my little fort against the rock-cliff-thing.  I gestured to the flat area where my fort stood now as a pile of sticks and a handful of crumpled leaves. 

"Yeah, I don't think anybody owns this, we can double-check it then we could start by making floor plans then we can start clearing out the rocks, sticks, and leaves." Wendy used her hands to express what we should do.

"Alrighty, I'll start on the floor plans, could you go get nails and tools? I'll pay for it." I said handing her two hundred dollar bills and telling her to keep the remainder for her help. "After we clear the stuff out, I'll take it from there."

"k!" Wendy shouted taking the hundred and running to the stores to buy the things I needed.

I started sketching out the floorplans, I was going to have one big opening room and three smaller side rooms each being the bedroom, bathroom, and an extra room for hobbies and such. the kitchen was going to be off to the right side of the doorway and the living-ish room can be viewed from it.

I started to blast music from my phone settling on a playlist mainly based on alternate rock and a tad bit of pop and indie, for a lack of an inspiration for better name, I named it 'collection of good songs.' I bopped my head around to the beat and got to work clearing out junk, Wendy started chopping trees and turning them into planks that I could work with.