chapter eighteen - hey bill they have a ping pong table!

I was sitting on my couch with a piece of paper attached to a clipboard, desperately writing. I still didn't understand why I hadn't had any encounters with the time paradox avoidance enforcement squadron and I was desperate to figure out why. maybe it was that thing dipper or Mabel said about the universe always making that one thing happen like when dipper threw a ball at Wendy's face leading to a sore eye and Robbie helping her? 

but wait they got in trouble with time paradox avoidance enforcement squadron anyway... maybe it was because of the things scattered around the universe like the calculators? and the high-fives?

this leads to the question, if I keep this up when will the time police come after me? considering with bill they waited to the last second but with the twins they did it right away. maybe its because they couldn't get bill while he was in the mindscape? also, thinking about the fact that I have a prophecy... maybe I'm now an important addition to the plot making it harder for me to be a space time criminal because I'm right where I need to be? (speaking of prophecy, I finally got that thing off my arm)

I triumphantly stood up and threw the clipboard across the room, letting it land onto the carpet. I was about to leave the house to check up on the twins when Mabel burst through the door, carrying a few bundles of fabric. 

"woah there, watcha doing-" I said as she pushed me aside and let her two friends in. "okay, rude, this is my house-"

"sorry not sorry y/n! dipper got us four invited to the northwest manor and we want to make dresses at your place!" Mabel said jumping up and down. "also dipper is taking up most of the attic with his nerdy ghost stuff."

I blinked a few times at her before responding "your lucky I have an extra room for hobbies, I have a sewing machine in there." I sighed, walking away.

"wait what about your dress?" Mabel said.

"I'm not going" I lied. "I don't want to get caught up in a party with a bunch of rich people" I said shaking my head.

"oh, I guess we'll do this back at the mystery shack since your not going, it feels wrong to not be doing it with you if we are in your house, but if you change your mind here's the invite." Mabel said sadly, handing my the invite. 

"thanks, I'll think about it" I said, guiding the friend group out the door then shutting it behind them.

I wasted no time getting to work, I unrolled a large piece of dark green fabric and started cutting, I made a basic dress and nothing more than that, but sadly it was well, basic. I looked around for some other ideas then landed on Loki, sitting on the corner of the table messing with pink fabric that fell off the shelf. (like the diva he is)

it was like you could see the light bulb over my head, I added a black lace trim to the dress's bottom and torso. I then started to work on a long flowing black cape with a fluffy white trim, on the back of it was the symbol of a snake ironed onto it. 

I stepped back and looked at my creation, but I needed something more... a mask. sure it was not a masquerade ball but who do I care? a guy showed up in basketball shorts, also I need to hide from the twins, because KNOWING BILL he's going to try to contact me when I become a block of wood, and if my theory is right I don't need dipper catching me do it. 

I loaded up a template on my phone and printed it out, I then took layers of wire and fabric to re-create it. I added extra black lace for 'scales' and a little thing in the back to attach it to my face.

finally, I stepped back looked over the pieces for any mistakes that looked too grand (as a rushed project like this was sure to have things like weird looking stiches and messy tared fabric from slobby cutting) and after finding nothing that stood out too much I put on the outfit.