chapter eight - we stan snake

a little over a week later.

It had been over a week since I settled into the shack. episodes one, two, and three of season two had already played out before my very eyes, telling me it was a matter of time before we had more 'bill action', and of course, before I had to do a lot of explaining on how I know literally everything that's going on. until then I can just sit here, laying in my-

"Y/n! get up!" Mabel shouted (practically) kicking open my door.

"grauhhh" I mumbled into my pillow, as she started shaking me until I finally got up.

"come on and look presentable we are going monster hunting!" Mabel said, jumping up and down on my rug. (unable to do it on my bed because I still didn't have one.)

"was this dipper's idea?" I ask standing up very slowly

"yep!"

"alright Vegas, let me get changed and I'll be out in maybe... say ten minutes?" I ask, facing my closet and looking through my limited supply of clothing, holding out things to figure out what I was in the mood for.

"good with me!" she said enthusiastically, shutting the door loudly with a bang. 

I pulled out a well-fitting tee-shirt and some sweatpants. (to make sure my clothing wouldn't get caught on something if I ended up having to run away from a random creature.) I walked out of the parlor and out the door to see dipper waiting patiently while a goat chews on his shirt.

"so, what are we looking for?" I asked, looking around at the scenery around me.

"what ever we can find." dipper said.

"borinngggg" I said looking out into the woods, when an idea came to my mind. "catch me if you can!" I said running into the forest at an extremely fast pace, knowing I can outrun them from last week's incident in the woods.

"Y/N! WAIT UP!" dipper and Mabel shouted.

"hah. no" I shouted back smugly, running forward looking back only to se how far away they were, when I tripped on something, landing face-first into some conveniently placed mud. "ag fuch" I mumbled into the mud.

"Y/N! are you okay?" dipper said coming up to me and pulling me out of the mud.

"I've been better." I replied stretching out the word 'I've' while brushing off as much mud and gunk as I could from my outfit, also plucking out a leaf from my hair while I'm at it. I was about to start running to nowhere again when I felt something brush against my leg, I look down to see a pitch black snake crawling its way up my leg and onto my torso.

"y/n! look!" Mabel said pointing at the snake.

"yes, I can see that" I said letting the snake crawl up my arm.

"are you guys sure its not poisonous?" dipper said, unsure.

"nope! and if it is I don't care! I was thinking it would be a black rat snake but I don't think those are in this part of the USA."

"y/n! you should totally keep it!" Mabel said jumping up and down.

"I don't know how to take care of snakes though"

"but it likes you." Mabel pouted. I look down at the snake crawling up and down my arm repeatedly.

"fine. but its going to live in the wild, I don't want your gruncle to lose customer's in case it leaves its cage."

"what are you going to name it?" dipper asked. I looked back down to see the snake had somehow gotten to my other arm and was now climbing up to my shoulder.