chapter twenty-five - ...then and only then...

I stretched my body out as I woke up, I let my legs spread and my arms move around like noodles while I braced myself for standing up after falling asleep in the stiff (but comfortable) position that I had put myself in. 

I creeped towards the calendar that I had hung on my door at a snail like pace and looked down at the red markings I had made with a marker while blinking rapidly trying to remember how to read English. 

my eyes trailed to the end of the long lines of x's to a circle on the last day of summer marked "W.D.D" 

w.d.d...? 

was this something I wrote while I actually had energy?

uhh worms dig dirt?

nope.

words doom dissatisfaction?

how did I even come up with that this early in the morning?

ah wait. I'm stupid. 

world domination day.

meaning the twins' birthday is coming up.

AND THEY DIDNT INVITE ME TO THEIR BIRTHDAY PARTY?!?!

~ding dong~

I slipped on decent looking clothing and went to go greet the person at the door, soon discovering bill cipher himself in a very snazzy looking outfit. (Despite always looking snazzy. just this time he was extra snazzy.) 

how did he even get a suit onto himself without cutting the fabric...?

"Magic. that's how." bill stated calmly. 

"Since when could you read my mind?" I ask looking up at him before then letting him into the cabin.

"I actually can't still, but now your expressions are more readable then normal." 

"Is that a good thing?" I query.

"Depends on the scenario frankly." he bluntly states.

"Fair enough. I'm guessing your here to kill some time before weirdmageddon starts?" 

"You guess correctly, now what board game do you want me to beat you in?"

"I've always wanted to get better at chess."

"Then chess it is." he stated snapping his fingers and making a blue chess board appear.

after an uncountable number of chess rounds and a few fridge raidings, it was the late afternoon, and it was time to strike.

"OH, can I do this?! I want to experiment with how much trust Mabel has with me remaining." 

"What if it backfires? this may be the only opportunity in your lifetime."

"Does it look like I care about my life? if I did, I wouldn't be helping you."

"that's oddly depressing." 

"Eh." I shrugged. "Anyway, I'm just DYING to get some action so I'm totally doing this, and you cannot stop me." 

"Alrighty, I'm guessing you already understand exactly what you need to do?"

"Under any circumstances, I have break the rift."

"Correct. I'll be watching from the woods if you need any assistance"

"Welp, I'll be going now~!" 

bill snapped his fingers and disappeared I got up and repeated my steps I used with my newest identity then bid Loki who was crawling all over the chess board goodbye, then trailed into the woods where I located Mabel leaning again a tree.

"Only party chocolate can cheer me up now..." she mumbled grabbing her bag and looking through it only to find nerd junk. "Ugh wrong backpack" she said pushing it to the ground. "It's not fair I just wish summer could last forever." 

"that's not completely out of my capability." I stated coming out from the woods and approaching her. 

"Sweater town is not answering any incoming calls right now." 

"Mabel, surely you recognize me?" I asked leaning down closer to her.

"Who-" she pulled down her turtleneck. "Mysterious lady from the northwest party? what are you doing here?" 

"that's me! but you can call me Lynda darling." I paused looking up like I was thinking. "And for your question I'm looking for a way to pause time to prevent people from making a mistake they might regret, and it appears that your case is a perfect way to experiment on this. if you're willing to help me help you that is." I said winking and half lying to her. "And it can last as long as you want if it ever gets out of hand." 

"r-really? but how do I need to help?" 

"I need a little 'snowglobe' per say but do expect it more looks like the universe is trapped inside and not oil with a mixture of water and antifreeze. your uncle has it and its the missing component, do you think you can get your hands on it for me?"

"Huh. maybe dipper has something like that in his nerd bag." Mabel says and starts searching through her bag for the rift. 

perfect! she still trusts me despite what y/n said. 

that seems like some serious plot hole shit right there. 

"Is this it?" Mabel asks looking at it and holding it out to me. 

"Yes, exactly that! good job darling, may I have it please? unless of course you want to leave gravity falls, I have no judgement there." 

"Just a little more summer..." she holds it out more and I grab it from her gently. 

"Thank you, now I apologize in advance for this." I take it and then drop it onto the grass. 

"What?!" 

bill's laughter rings out throughout the woods, the trees gain yellow eyeballs that slowly all merge together to make bill himself. he floats towards where I was standing and looks at Mabel.

"oh no. WAIT WAIT WAIT-" 

bill snaps his fingers and Mabel faints. 

"At last! at long long last! the gate between worlds has opened! the event one billion years prophesized has come to pass!" bill starts to float into the sky after taking my hand and pulling me up with him despite the fact that I probably am thirty times heavier than him. "The day has come! the world is finally mine! 

I cough obnoxiously and look up at bill. "don't tell me your about to betray me right now?"

"Excuse me. the world is finally ours!" 

"Better." I shrug.

he throws me up into the air and forces me into a portal where his henchmaniacs are. 

Pyronica is the first to notice my presence and attempt to eat me for lunch when I make a comment that makes her back away.

"I wouldn't do that to your king's right-hand man. unless of course you want to increase the chance of a slow, painful, and overall miserable death."