Isobel

The first thing Valencia did the next morning was talk to Jeremy. At first, he didn't believe that Anna would leave without saying goodbye, but he realized that his sister had no reason to lie to him. When he accepted that she was telling the truth, he was heartbroken like Valencia expected. She tried to comfort him, but he wanted to be alone so Valencia reluctantly left his room and got ready to go to school.

Once she got to school, Valencia headed to the cafeteria where Caroline told her to go to. At first, Valencia said no because she knew that Caroline wanted her to help with the Miss Mystic Falls float, but the Forbes girl bribed her with food from her favorite bakery in Mystic Falls.

It didn't take Valencia long to spot the blonde, who was sitting with Bonnie. She walked over to the two and sat down next to Caroline. "I'm here. Where's my food?"

Caroline rolled her eyes at the 'greeting' and handed her a to-go cup and a white paper bag with the logo of the bakery on it. "Hello to you too. Since you're here let's begin."

"Alright show me." Bonnie did not sound thrilled to be there and Valencia couldn't blame her since she was feeling the same way.

"Let's reference last year's Miss Mystic float." Caroline opened her computer and brought up a picture of it and showed her friends. "This is what they did last year and this is exactly what we don't want to do."

"Ew." Bonnie and Valencia said at the same time, the Gilbert girl's response was muffled due to her mouth being full of muffin. This disgusted looks from Caroline and Bonnie, but she ignored them. Bonnie continued, "Okay! So what are we doing?"

Caroline smirked. "Southern classic elegance."

"Gone with the Wind?" Bonnie asked even though she knew the answer.

"How'd you know?"

"Please, it's your favorite movie and you channel Scarlett every day. Her guessing that wasn't that big of a leap." Valencia felt their stares on her after she answered. "What?"

"Awe, you know me." Caroline grinned and pulled Valencia into a side hug.

Valencia nodded. "Since kindergarten."

"Yeah, but you didn't know me know me. It's official, we're friends!"

"I'm so regretting waking up an hour earlier to come to help you." Valencia took a drink and was pleased to taste blueberry-flavored hot chocolate. "Nevermind it was totally worth it."

"Where's Elena? She's supposed to be helping." Caroline looked around the cafeteria for the younger Gilbert twin.

"Yeah, I'm helping build a float that I'm not even on and one of the people that will be on it isn't even here. It's not right." Valencia shook her head in disappointment.

"It's nothing." The two blondes looked at Bonnie when she said that.

It was Caroline that spoke up though. She was fed up with everyone being at odds. "It's not nothing. You know this whole float is supposed to be about friends creating something today and everyone is fighting. Matt and Tyler hate each other, you and Elena are on the outs, Valencia and Tyler aren't talking to each other, and I don't like it! And I can't fix it if I don't know what's wrong."

Bonnie didn't budge even after Caroline's rant. "I can't talk about it, Caroline, I'm sorry."

"Hey, we're friends and we're creating something." Valencia attempted to cheer up Caroline and from the smile she gave her, it worked.

"Yeah, we are aren't we?" Valencia smiled and nodded before leaning her head on Caroline's shoulder and looking at the laptop as Caroline showed them examples of what she wanted the float to look like.