Stand By Me

After being found by Stefan and taking a few seconds to get her bearings, Valencia ran in the direction Katherine did. She heard Stefan behind her but paid him no mind, she needed to find her brother and friend. She didn't care about Silas or the cure at the moment, only about Jeremy and Bonnie and making sure that they were alright. She entered Silas's tomb and gasped loudly when she saw Jeremy lying on the ground with a broken neck.

Valencia fell to her knees and took his body in her arms as she cried hysterically. "Jeremy! Oh, no! No! No! No! Oh, god! Please, no!"

Stefan had heard Valencia's cries and sped to her. He entered the tomb and was in shock when he saw Valencia sobbing over Jeremy's dead body. A gasp sounded from behind Stefan so he turned around and saw Elena standing there. Elena pushed past Stefan and just like Valencia, she fell to her knees.

"No, Jeremy, no! No! Oh god!" Elena sobbed. She then remembered the Gilbert ring and checked Jeremy's hand. It was still on his finger and Elena sighed in relief, "It's fine. It's fine. It's fine. You're gonna be okay. The ring will bring you back. It's okay. It's okay. You're gonna be okay. You're gonna be okay, Jeremy. You're gonna be fine. It's okay, Via, he's going to be fine."

Valencia looked at Elena and nodded. Part of her knew that the Gilbert ring wouldn't bring Jeremy back. He was a part of the Five which meant he was supernatural and the ring didn't work on the supernatural. The other part of her couldn't even fathom the thought of her brother being dead so she chose to believe that the ring would bring him back. It had to because there was no way that Jeremy was dead.

————————

Valencia, Elena, and Stefan were back in Mystic Falls and had just arrived at the Gilbert Household. Elena opened the door and walked in with Valencia and Stefan behind her, the latter carrying Jeremy's body. Caroline, who was already at the house, stood up from where she was on her knees cleaning and smiled at the three. She hadn't seen Jeremy's body yet.

"Hey, you're home. I was trying to clean the burn mark where Kol..." Caroline trailed off when she finally saw Stefan carrying Jeremy, his body wrapped in a blanket. "...I couldn't get the spot out."

"Come on. Let's get him upstairs," Elena told Stefan.

Elena walked up the stairs and Stefan followed her. Valencia stood in the foyer, watching as Stefan carried Jeremy up the stairs. She hadn't said a word since after she found Jeremy's body. Her mind and heart were at battle with each other and the only person she wanted to talk to was Jeremy.

"Via," Caroline called her name.

Valencia looked away from the stairs and to Caroline who now stood in front of her. Valencia didn't say anything but her lips began to tremble once she saw the pity and sorrow in Caroline's eyes. She didn't cry though, she couldn't. Jeremy was going to wake up. That's what she kept on repeating in her head. Valencia turned away from Caroline and went upstairs to Jeremy's room. She sat down next to him on his bed and took his hand that Elena wasn't holding and held it.

Stefan watched the twins for a moment, his heart aching for them knowing that Jeremy wasn't going to wake up. He left Jeremy's room and walked downstairs before going into the kitchen where Caroline was. Caroline dumped a bucket of water into the sink and asked Stefan, "How long has she been like that?"

"Valencia or Elena?" Stefan asked.

"Both of them."

"Well, Valencia hasn't said a word to me or anyone since she found his body. And, Elena has only talked about Jeremy waking up."