Homecoming

It was nighttime and Valencia was at the Salvatore Boarding House with Rebekah, Stefan, Damon, and Elena. A desiccated Mikael was on the floor with a dagger in his heart. Stefan sat on an armchair with his phone to his ear. He was calling Klaus to tell him about Mikael being daggered to lure Klaus back to Mystic Falls.

"Your father is dead," Stefan told Klaus.

"What did you say to me?" Klaus asked.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?" Stefan asked him, his eyes drifting to Mikael's body.

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened," Klaus demanded.

One hour earlier at the Salvatore Boarding House.

"Aye, let's say that Mikael followed Via in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait," Stefan said as he walked into the library with Valencia, Damon, and Elena following him.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Valencia asked.

"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. Got to make it realistic," Damon said.

Stefan sighed, annoyed. "Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena trailed off.

"We drove it through his heart," Stefan finished.

Valencia, skeptical about the entire plan, asked, "And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?"

"Good point. You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him. The last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied," Damon said.

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here."

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof," Elena said.

"Then I shall be dead," Mikael said as he entered the room. He had a clear square glass jar with ashes from the white oak tree and a cloth-covered dagger.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked as she and Stefan walked over to Mikael. Valencia stayed where she was, not wanting to be near Mikael.

"Well, that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him," Mikael simply said as if it was as easy as pie.

Stefan looked unimpressed and asked, "With what? Those daggers won't work on him."

Michael answered, "Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned."

"Where is it?"

Mikael dipped the dagger in the ashes of the white oak tree as he said, "Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?"

"You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So..." Mikael trailed off and looked at Valencia. "...it falls to you."

Valencia's eyes widened at Mikael's words and as he held out the dagger for her to take. Valencia asked in disbelief, "Y-You want me to dagger you? You're fucking with me, right?"

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance, especially when it comes to trust," Mikael answered.

Back to the present.