The End of the Affair

A pounding on her door woke Via up from a deep, dreamless sleep. She yelled at them to go away but the pounding just got louder. Groaning, Valencia kicked her sheets and comforter off of her before she begrudgingly walked to her door. She opened it with a glare on her face; if looks could kill, Damon would be six feet under.

"You better have a damn good reason for waking me up at six o'clock in the morning," Valencia all but growled out.

"Stefan's in Chicago and you are coming with me to bring him back home," Damon said with a smirk as he looked her up and down. She was wearing a tank top and shorts that were very short and showed off her toned long legs.

"Why so early?" Valencia asked sleepily.

"Because we have a long drive ahead of us. So get ready. It's road trip time."

"I get control over what music we listen to."

Damon scoffed. "That ain't happening."

"It's either that or I annoy you the whole car ride by talking about the girly stuff I did with Caroline over the summer. Your choice," Valencia gave him an ultimatum.

"Fine," Damon gritted out.

Valencia smirked triumphantly. "Give me about thirty or so minutes and then I'll be ready."

————————

It was closer to an hour before Valencia was ready. She knew the car ride would be long so she wanted to be comfortable but also look cute. After that it was almost another thirty minutes before they got on the highway because Valencia and Elena wanted breakfast.

 After that it was almost another thirty minutes before they got on the highway because Valencia and Elena wanted breakfast

(Valencia's Outfit)

The first thing Valencia did when she got in the backseat of Damon's car was lean between the two front seats and turn some music on. Much to Damon's surprise, Valencia's taste in music was much like his. When she started to sing along, Damon was even more surprised. She could sing, like really sing.

Valencia was singing "Open Arms" by Journey while watching cars pass by as she looked out the window. Elena sat in the passenger seat and Damon sat in the driver's seat, both listening to Via sing. Elena hadn't heard her twin sing in a long time and found she missed her voice. I was always so soothing, so beautiful.

"I didn't know she could sing," Damon said to Elena.

"Yeah, music's kind of her thing. She's passionate about it and can even play the piano," Elena boasted.

"She can also hear you," Valencia said and poked her head in between the two of them. "I can play the drums too."

"I forgot about the drums," Elena said.

"I don't know how. You hated when I played them."

"Because they were so loud and you would always play them at horrible times of the day. It was annoying compared to listening to you play the piano," Elena justified.