The House Guest

The day after the sleepover, Valencia spent the day with Caroline, and surprisingly Bonnie. She helped them and Jeremy, who joined them later on in the day, find out more about the extent of what Elijah's up to. Bonnie did some of her witchy jujus on Luka, one of Elijah's witches, and they found out that Elijah never planned on saving Elena's life. For him to kill Klaus, Elena had to die and the doppelganger knew that which pissed Valencia off.

While Valencia, Bonnie, Caroline, and Jeremy were finding that out, Brady, the werewolf that tortured Caroline and held her captive along with Valencia, tried to kidnap Elena with the help of Tyler. They wanted to break The Sun and The Moon curse, but Tyler didn't know that Elena would have to die. Brady was killed which Valencia claimed was karma.

Valencia's night got worse when the doorbell at the Gilbert Household chimed. She answered the door only to find no one there, however, there was a letter with her name on it. She picked it up and opened it. It read;

Dear Via,

I know hearing from me is probably the last thing you want after my actions the past few days, but I couldn't leave without apologizing and saying goodbye. I've done a lot of messed-up things in my life but hurting you has to be one of the worst things I've ever done. I should've helped you and Caroline immediately the night that Jules and Brady took you two. You're my best friend, the one constant I've had in my life since I met you and I hurt you. There's no reason or excuse I could give you that would make what I did okay. I'm leaving Mystic Falls for a while to get better control and learn to accept what I am now. I'm truly sorry and I hope one day you can forgive me. I love you, Via.

Tyler

Valencia didn't know how to feel as she read the letter over a few times. She was angry but mostly hurt by his hesitation to help her and Caroline. In a way, though she understood, they had both lied to him and knew that Mason was dead when he needed him. She also understood that he didn't want to be a werewolf and wanted to break the curse. He didn't know Elena would have to die to do that. She went back and forth between anger and sadness at the fact that he wrote her a letter instead of saying goodbye face to face.

The day after that wasn't eventful for Valencia at all. Damon through a dinner party and invited Valencia along with Jenna, Ric, Andie, and Elijah. Valencia didn't go since it would be just her with a group of adults and would be very boring for her. Plus, she didn't want to be anywhere near Elijah after what they learned from Luka regarding Elena.

Valencia was wrong though when she thought it would be a boring dinner party. Turned out that John gave Damon a dagger that could neutralize Elijah. He forgot to mention that only humans could wield it and that any vampire that used it would die which Elena read about in Jonathan Gilbert's journal from the 1800s. Alaric ended up daggering Elijah and moved him to the cellar with Damon. They thought it was over only for Stefan to call them and tell them that the dagger had to stay in the body for Elijah to stay 'dead'.

Alaric had removed the dagger before they moved Elijah's body and when they went to the cell in the basement, Elijah was gone. Elijah went after Elena to take her away and hide her until they drew Klaus out. Elena ended up tricking Elijah and daggered him. It was safe to say that they left the dagger in Elijah's chest that time. The same night Jonas, one of Elijah's witches, took Bonnie's magic away. That all happened a few days ago.

At present, Valencia was at her locker at school. She was getting the books she needed for the next period when she heard Stefan call her name. Valencia looked around and saw Stefan approaching her. When he reached her, she greeted him, "Hey, Stefan. What's up?"

"I just wanted to let you know that Katherine's out of the tomb. Apparently, when we daggered Elijah, it broke his compulsion. So, be careful because she was already pretending to be Elena this morning," Stefan told her.