Plan B

The Lockwood Mansion was being decorated for the masquerade ball. Jenna had helped Carol wrangle up volunteers, Valencia being one of them. The blonde was apprehensive about going because she didn't want to run into Mason after he threatened to snap her neck, but she couldn't exactly tell Jenna that.

Valencia was outside the mansion with Matt and Tyler. They were unloading decorations from some trucks and bringing them inside. Valencia held an antique lamp while Tyler and Matt carried an antique table. The Gilbert teen snickered as she watched the boys struggle with the table.

"Wait, wait, wait, Tyler!" Matt exclaimed as they almost dropped the table.

"Boys! Be careful with that! It's from the 1800s. Tyler!" Carol yelled as she walled up to them.

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Mom, we got it."

"It's an antique that costs a lot of money. If you break it, it's coming out of your trust fund." Carol scolded him before she walked away to yell at someone else.

Valencia gasped dramatically. "Not your trust fund! The horror!"

Matt laughed as Tyler rolled his eyes. The two set the table down and Tyler flipped Valencia off, her returning the gesture after she set the lamp down on the table. Matt shook his head at the two with a smile on his face.

"Matt! Tyler! I need you two to go hang lights in the backyard. Valencia, I need you to take the wine glasses to the minibar out back," Carol directed them and stood there till they did what she said. She knew that if she left they would get sidetracked and would horse around.

They did as they were told and the boys went straight outside while Valencia grabbed the wine glasses in the main hall. She made her way out back and a smile made its way onto her face when she spotted Stefan behind the minibar.

"Hiya, Stefan," Valencia greeted as she set the box down on the minibar.

"Hello, Via," Stefan greeted with a dimpled smile.

Valencia's smile grew bigger at him using her nickname. "So, I believe it's your turn to share some life stories and it's my turn to listen."

"What do you want to know?" Stefan asked as he took the box of wine glasses and unloaded it.

"Most of the things that Elena told me about you are the hard times you've been through. She told me about you being a ripper and your whole feud thing with Damon. So, how about you tell me about the good times?"

Stefan stopped what he was doing and looked at her. He never talked about the good times mostly because no one wanted to know about them. Also, there weren't many of them despite him being a vampire for 145 years. The ones he did have involved his dead best friend and just thinking about her brought a sad smile to his face. He knew what he would tell her.

A gobsmacked Valencia stared at Stefan after he told her a few stories. "You jumped in the Trevi Fountain naked?"

"Yes." Stefan laughed at the expression on her face.

"And you partied with Bon Jovi?"

Stefan nodded. "Yeah."

"I fucking love Bon Jovi! 'Beds of Roses' and 'You Give Love a Bad Name' are my go-to songs of his!" Valencia exclaimed.

"You listen to Bon Jovi?" Stefan asked in disbelief.

"Puh-lease. I love 70s and 80s music. Throw in some Aretha Franklin, Etta James, and Otis Redding and you got yourself one amazing playlist. In fact, you have my playlist."

"How did none of this come up the other day at the park?" Stefan asked astonished by her taste in music.

Valencia shrugged and went to answer but out of the corner of her eye she saw the one person she didn't want to see. Her joyous demeanor was gone and her body tensed. Stefan noticed the change in her and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and worry.