The Ties That Bind

At the Forbes residence, Valencia had just gotten out of the shower. She was wearing a fluffy robe and had a towel in her hand that she was drying her hair with. Via walked out of Caroline's bedroom and went into the kitchen to get some cereal when she heard a voice.

Via was the only one in the house as Liz was at work and Caroline was running some errands. She grabbed a knife before she tip-toed down the hall and into the foyer. She peaked her head around the wall and saw none other than Bill Forbes and Tyler, two people she didn't want to see. They had both hurt Caroline and Via wanted to hurt them just as badly.

With a roll of her eyes, Valencia stepped out from behind the wall and threw the knife at Tyler. He caught the knife right before it hit his face. Tyler looked at the knife with wide eyes and then lowered it, his eyes landing on a glaring Valencia. Bill, who was just as shocked as Tyler, put as much distance between himself and Via.

"What the fuck Via?!" Tyler yelled.

Valencia rolled her eyes. "Oh, quit being so dramatic. It's not like it would've killed you. Plus, you deserved it after you bit Caroline and left her alone in the woods. Be grateful that all I did was throw a knife at you."

"You're calling me dramatic? Really?" Tyler scoffed.

"Hey, I could've called you a dick, a jackass, or my personal favorite, Klaus's little bitch. I still can and most likely will before you leave," Valencia smiled sarcastically. She turned to Bill and glared at him, "Well, if it isn't the daughter torturer. Hi, Bill."

"Hello, Valencia," Bill greeted back.

"What the hell are you two doing here? How did you even get in here? All the doors were locked." Tyler looked at Bill out of the corner of his eye. Valencia sighed, "Liz should've changed the locks on your ass. Both of you get out. Now."

"We're here to talk to Caroline, not you," Bill said.

Valencia quirked an eyebrow and put a hand on her hip. "I am not afraid to kick you in your balls. Or did you forget?"

Bill grimaced and covered his junk with his hands, he did not forget. Valencia was a very hard kicker and he felt it for days. "Oh, I remember."

"Good," Valencia smirked. "Look Caroline's not here so leav-"

Valencia was cut off by the front door opening and Caroline walking inside. The blonde vampire looked between Via and Tyler before her eyes settled on the latter, not seeing her dad yet. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to apologize," Tyler said.

"Apologize?! You bit me. I could've died. I think we're way past apologies, Tyler," Caroline angrily said.

"That's the problem. Klaus told me to do it and I said no. And then it just happened anyway. Like, it was completely out of my control. That's why I had your mom call him."

Bill cleared his throat causing Caroline to turn in his direction. Her eyes widened in shock. "Daddy?"

"Hi, Caroline," Bill greeted his daughter.

"I thought, since he can resist compulsion, maybe he could teach me to resist the sire bond," Tyler explained.

"Can you help him?" Caroline asked, hopeful.

"I'm gonna try," Bill answered.

"Why?"

"Because he made a mistake and now he wants to make good. And I understand that."

"Yeah, 'cause you helping Tyler will make up for what you did. Newsflash, it won't. It's going to take a lot more than that," Valencia glared at Bill.

Caroline set her hand on her fiercely protective best friend's shoulder and said, "Via, it's okay." Caroline turned to her dad. "She's right though. It won't make up for torturing me just so we're clear. However, I do appreciate you helping Tyler. It's a step in the right direction to try to repair what you broke."