Bringing Out The Dead

After driving back to Mystic Falls, Stefan dropped Valencia off at Caroline's house. The blonde vampire had just gotten home herself and when Valencia saw Caroline she could tell she was upset and on the verge of tears. Valencia dropped her duffle bag and pulled Caroline into a hug. Caroline held onto Via tightly as she told her what was wrong.

While Bill was helping Tyler break the sire bond, the hybrid got loose and attacked him. He was in the hospital after being found in the woods with bite marks and slashes all over his body. He would be fine though because his doctor, Meredith Fell, Ric's new 'friend', gave him vampire blood that she hijacked from Damon.

It was the next day and Valencia sat on the couch in the living room of the Forbes house with Liz standing in front of her. Valencia looked at Liz, who was trying to figure out how to say what she needed to.

"I didn't do it," Valencia blurted out and raised her hands in surrender.

Liz sighed and shook her head, "What didn't you do Valencia?"

"Whatever it is that you think I did," Valencia said vaguely.

"I don't think you did anything. At least, I didn't. I do now though. We'll get back to that later. Do you recognize this?" Liz asked and held up a clear bag that was labeled 'evidence'. Inside the bag was a wooden stake that looked somewhat familiar.

"A wooden stake?" Valencia asked, unsure of the answer Liz was looking for.

"This is serious, Via. This stake was used to kill the medical examiner and has Elena's fingerprints on it."

"Elena? As in my twin sister that values human life? You think she killed the medical examiner? Have you met her?" Valencia asked in disbelief.

"Of course, I don't think Elena killed him. It's just that when we found the medical examiner the stake was in his heart. He wasn't desiccated which means that he wasn't a vampire."

"Then why was he staked like one?"

"I don't know and honestly, I'm more focused on finding who killed him. When I do, I can figure out why they killed him like that," Liz said determinedly.

The heaviness of the situation made Valencia feel awkward so she tried to lighten the mood. "I told you I didn't do it."

Liz looked at Valencia with a stern look. Well, she tried to but it didn't work as a smile took over. Since Via had started staying with the Forbes, Liz had gotten to know her better and grown to love her like she was her own. It helped that Valencia was always there for Caroline and could always cheer her up.

Liz could remember Caroline complaining about Valencia and how much she couldn't stand her so to see them being best friends was something Liz never thought she would see. She was glad that it did change though. Seeing her daughter happy was all she wanted and Caroline was whenever Valencia was around.

————————

After talking with Liz, Valencia took her time getting ready for the day having no plans for the day again. She was curling her hair when Caroline asked her to come to the hospital to see if Bill could be released. Valencia said yes but regretted it when Caroline pulled into the driveway of the Gilbert residence.

Valencia glared at Caroline, who responded with an innocent smile that she knew Valencia couldn't stay mad at. When Elena got in the back seat of Caroline's car she greeted the two blondes. One of them responded with a chipper 'hello' and the other one with a disheartened 'hey'.

On the way to the hospital, Elena told them about how Bonnie's mom agreed to help with the locked coffin. However, Abby didn't think she would be able to because she had no magic but she wanted to help Bonnie so she would try. Elena also told them how she asked Stefan if he killed the medical examiner and how awkward the conversation between the ex-couple was.