1912

Valencia sat at the bar at the Grill eating some fries and a BLT while drinking a virgin strawberry banana daiquiri. Sadly, the bartender was one of the few that asked for ID and wouldn't make Via a drink with alcohol since she was underage. As she sat at the bar, her mind thought back to the past few days which only made her want the alcohol in her drink more.

Esther had used Elena's blood to link her children together and then proceeded to try and kill them with the help of the Bennett witch line, living and dead. Elijah kidnapped Elena and trapped her with Rebekah, who was more than willing to kill her if no one found a way to stop Esther. Damon and Stefan found out that the way to stop her was to somehow break Esther's connection with the Bennett witches. So, Damon turned Bonnie's mom into a vampire.

Alaric was in jail thanks to his new "girlfriend" that thought he was behind the murders of the medical examiner and Bill Forbes. Meredith also thought that he was the one that stabbed him. Let's not forget that she shot him and then healed him with vampire blood before she handed him over to the sheriff. Liz was looking for some more evidence to clear Ric's name but hadn't found any yet.

"Well, if it isn't Pamela Anderson. How are you?" Damon's annoying voice brought her out of her thoughts.

Via stuck her middle finger up at him as she took a drink. She turned to look at him and instead of Damon sitting next to her, it was Stefan. Valencia smiled at him, her mind going to the kiss they shared and how his lips felt against hers. Stefan smiled back, images of their kiss playing through his brain like a movie.

"Hi," Valencia greeted with heart eyes.

"Hi," Stefan greeted back, his eyes mirroring hers.

"Hi," Damon said causing the two to roll their eyes. He was on the other side of Stefan and already had a bottle of bourbon along with a glass in front of him. He looked between the two as he tried to figure out what was different about them. "What's going on with the two of you? And don't say nothing because something is different."

"Nothing," Valencia answered with a smirk just to annoy him.

Stefan chuckled at her answer and the annoyance written on Damon's face. Damon rolled his eyes at the two before moving on, knowing they wouldn't give him an answer. He went back to talking about the new serial killer in Mystic Falls. "So what do a medical examiner, Bill Forbes, and Alaric Saltzman have in common?"

Stefan started tapping his daylight ring on the bartop. It annoyed Damon, who told him, "Come on, knock it off."

The youngest Salvatore brother stopped and poured himself a drink but it didn't help. After he took a drink, Stefan went right back to tapping his ring on the hard surface. Valencia took hold of his hand and held it in her own. Stefan looked at Valencia, who just smiled reassuringly and rubbed her thumb against the back of his hand. Stefan had stopped drinking human blood and was back on the animal blood diet which he was struggling with but he wouldn't admit that to Damon.

"You know, quitting blood cold turkey after a ripper binge might not be the best approach. Every time you play that all-or-nothing game, you eventually leave a trail of bodies. So, I'm thinking, now is a good time to pay our old friend moderation a visit," Damon suggested before the tapping stopped. When it did stop he looked down at Stefan's hand and raised an eyebrow in question when he saw Valencia holding it.

"They were all on the Founders' Council, Damon," Stefan said regarding Damon's question earlier.

"What?" Damon asked confused.

Valencia rolled her, "That's what the medical examiner, Bill Forbes, and Ric all have in common. They were on the Founders' Council just like you. Might want to be careful, Damon."