Founder's Day

It was the 150th anniversary of the founding of Mystic Falls and a day of festivities was planned for the whole town starting with a parade. Valencia was at the high school with Caroline and Matt. The latter had a broken arm from the trailer crushing it and was in an 1800s version of a suit. Caroline was in an 1800s dress that went along with the Gone with the Wind theme of the Miss Mystic float. Valencia was wearing modern-day clothes something she had never been more grateful for after helping Caroline get into her dress.

(Valencia's Outfit And Hair🔼)

Bonnie walked over to the three with a camera. "Got it. Picture time!"

Caroline cuddled up with Matt and took a few pictures before she remembered Matt's cast. "Oh wait! Hide your cast, it's not era-appropriate."

"Seriously?" Matt asked.

"Yes!" Caroline exclaimed making Valencia laugh at the couple.

"Get it together Matt!" Valencia exclaimed sarcastically. Matt rolled his eyes at the two blondes but did what Caroline asked. Bonnie took the picture then Caroline wanted one with Bonnie and Valencia.

Tyler walked up to the group and took the camera Bonnie held out to Matt. "Here, I can take it."

Matt's smile fell at the appearance of his ex-best friend. "I'll be on the float."

"I said I was sorry!" Tyler exclaimed as Matt walked away.

"You made out with his mother and then you beat him to a pulp. You're gonna have to do a little bit better than sorry." Caroline scolded him before she took off after Matt.

Tyler sighed and looked at Valencia then threw his arm around her shoulder. "Well, you forgave me and you're all I need. So, we're still on for meeting up after the parade right?"

It was true, Valencia did forgive Tyler for being a total dumbass and beating up Matt even though he was in the wrong. She just couldn't stay mad at the Lockwood boy and to be honest, she missed him. It was also easier for her to forgive him than it was for Matt since it wasn't her mom he made out with. "If you're still buying me fries from the Grill and cotton candy from the stand in the town square then yes we are."

"When don't I buy you fries and cotton candy whenever there's a celebration or carnival in town?" Tyler asked as he smiled down at her.

"I might want a peanut butter and banana milkshake too."

"Then a peanut butter and banana milkshake, you shall get. Even though they taste disgusting."

Valencia glared at him and huffed. "Watch it, Lockwood, you're already on thin ice, and dissing my favorite type of milkshake isn't helping you at all."

————————

After the parade was over, Valencia met up with Tyler as planned. He bought her everything she asked for earlier and the two talked about what went on in their lives while Valencia refused to talk to him. Of course, Valencia didn't tell him anything that involved the supernatural, but she did tell him that Elena did something that really hurt her. They planned on watching the fireworks together, but until they started they would hang out at the Grill and play pool.