Masquerade

A guilt-ridden Valencia opened the front door of the Gilbert House for a hobbled Jenna being helped by Matt, Elena, and Jeremy. After Valencia stabbed Jenna, Katherine's compulsion ended and she was met with the sight of a bleeding Jenna. She was horrified when she looked down and saw a bloody knife in her hand. The realization that she was the one that stabbed Jenna hit her hard.

When Elena told her that Katherine compelled her and Jenna to spy on the younger Gilbert twin and Stefan, she was pissed. Even more so when Elena told her Katherine compelled her to stab Jenna. She hadn't even noticed that the vervain bracelet Elena gave her was no longer on her wrist. Till she got a new one, Valencia had been drinking some of Jenna's tea that Elena had mixed vervain into.

Valencia walked into the kitchen with to get some food and avoid having to look Jenna in the eyes. She was in there for a minute before Jeremy and Elena walked in.

"So what are we gonna do?" Jeremy asked Elena.

"Make lunch," Elena said as she got the food they picked up on the way home out of the to-go bag.

Jeremy shook his head. "No, about Katherine."

Elena sighed. "We're not gonna do anything, Jeremy."

"She compelled Valencia to kill Jenna. We can't let her get away with that."

Valencia tensed at Jeremy's words and felt sick to her stomach from the guilt. Elena looked at her twin sympathetically and put her hand on her shoulder to try and comfort her. The brunette twin looked at Jeremy and said, "Yes, we can. If it keeps us safe then we can."

"And what if she tries something else?" Valencia asked, speaking for the first time since they got home.

"She won't. Katherine hurt Jenna because I didn't do what she said. I'm not doing it now, me and Stefan are over. She wins, the end."

"You are being naïve and you know it," Jeremy spat and turned to walk away.

"Where are you going?" Elena asked him.

"Out. I'll be back." With that, Jeremy walked out of the kitchen and then the front door.

"He's not wrong. This time we got lucky that Jenna survived. What if the next thing she does has a worse outcome? We need to take Katherine down," Valencia said angrily. Ever since the Pierce vampire came to town she's done nothing but wreak havoc and Valencia was tired of it.

"Like I told Jeremy, I did what she wanted. Everything will be fine now."

Valencia rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Yeah, until she wants something else from you or Stefan. You honestly can't believe that she'll just leave you alone."

"Yeah, I do. I'm done talking about this." Elena ended the conversation and focused on getting the food ready for Jenna.

"Whatever." Valencia walked out of the kitchen and then the house just like Jeremy had done. Except she didn't answer Elena when she asked her where she was going. The blonde slammed the front door shut behind her before she walked to her car and got in it. She started her car and turned to her right where Jeremy sat in the passenger seat. "You ready?"

"To finally be rid of Katherine? Hell yeah."

————————

The oldest and youngest Gilbert walked into the Salvatore Boarding House and into one of the many living rooms. In the room were Caroline, Stefan, Damon, Alaric, and Bonnie. As they walked in they heard Bonnie's voice.

"What's going on?" Bonnie asked, having no idea why Stefan texted her and asked her to come over and bring her grimoire.

"We're gonna kill Katherine," Jeremy said bluntly.