Memorial

It had been a couple of days since Valencia completed her transition. The night of her death Bonnie had put Klaus into Tyler's body so it turned out that the Original Hybrid didn't die. It was why when Alaric staked him, his body didn't burn. Klaus was now back in his original body and Tyler was back to his own self.

Valencia had been staying at the boarding house along with Elena due to not wanting to hurt Jeremy while they learned how to control their hunger. Every night Valencia found herself in Stefan's bed with his arms wrapped around her and she loved it. The two would stay up late talking about nothing and everything which they both enjoyed because it made them feel like a normal couple.

Elena was being a complete bitch and was constantly glaring at Valencia, who just ignored her and rolled her eyes. Valencia was happy and she refused to let Elena get to her and ruin her mood. So, when Stefan said that they were going camping for a few days so she could learn how to hunt animals and use her new vampire perks, Via was instantly on board.

The couple walked through the woods looking for an animal for Valencia to feed off of. Stefan stood next to Valencia, who was having a hard time concentrating on anything but him. It didn't take long before they came across a deer eating nearby.

"Close your eyes," Stefan directed Valencia.

Via closed her eyes and heard a gush of wind as Stefan sped to the deer. She opened her eyes and slowly walked over to the deer that Stefan held down with his enhanced strength. Valencia was hesitant as she kneeled next to the deer. She looked up at Stefan and he nodded, encouraging her to feed. Via's fangs elongated and she sunk them into the deer. The blood tasted different than the officer's blood she drank to complete her transition. The animal blood surprisingly wasn't disgusting to her.

Valencia pulled away from the deer with blood all over her face. She took a shaky breath as she stood up, the deer sprinting off as soon as her hold on it was gone. Via watched the deer run off with a somewhat traumatized look on her face. She reached her hand up and touched the blood around her mouth. She kept telling herself that it was better than hurting a human but she still felt bad for hurting a poor defenseless animal. She refused to cry though, having done a lot of that lately. She would get used to this, she had to.

Stefan saw the look on his girlfriend's face and felt a pang in his heart. He walked over to her and took her hand in his own. "Don't worry, he'll heal. Bigger animals are more resilient."

Valencia looked up at him and nodded, trying to smile but it ended up looking more like a grimace. Stefan cupped her cheek in his hand and cleaned the blood around her mouth with a cloth. He caressed her cheek as he said, "You did it. I know it's hard. But you can do this."

Confidently, Valencia nodded her head before she leaned into his touch. She could do this, she knew it. Having Stefan by her side and the fact that he believed in her helped tremendously and made her determined to stick with the animal diet.

On the second day of their camping trip, Stefan taught her how to use her vampire speed. "Alright, it's like the starting line of a race, right? So you just push off with every ounce of strength that you have."

"So, like running the bases in softball?"

"Exactly. Just concentrate, okay? You can do it," Stefan encouraged her.

Valencia crouched into a running position and took a deep breath. Stefan placed his hands around her waist causing a shiver to run up Valencia's spine. Ever since she turned everything was heightened including touch. Whenever Stefan touched her, her whole body was ignited and goosebumps erupted all over her skin. "It's hard to concentrate on anything other than your hands on my body."