After School Special

Carol Lockwood was dead. Klaus had killed her after finding out that Tyler was planning on taking him down and had unsired all of his hybrids. Klaus was furious and went on a killing spree, slaughtering twelve out of the thirteen hybrids he had left. He kept one hybrid alive which was Tyler and got revenge on him by drowning his last living parent in a fountain. All of that happened while Valencia, Jeremy, Damon, Bonnie, Elena, and Shane were at the lake house. 

There was a memorial service for Carol happening in the gym at the school now and Valencia sat on the hard bleachers next to Caroline with Tyler on the other side of his girlfriend. Sheriff Forbes was leading the memorial and was behind a podium, speaking through a microphone, "Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness in times of tragedy leads to healing, that one community is stronger than a thousand of its members. But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than a leader; she was an open-minded friend and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident."

Tyler scoffed at the word "accident" and muttered, "Screw this."

"What? Tyler? Tyler?" Caroline called as he stood up and left.

"Please join me in observing a minute of silence in her memory," Liz said.

Everyone in the gym put their heads down for the minute of silence including Valencia who shed a tear as she remembered Carol. Being one of Tyler's best friends meant she was over the Lockwood Mansion a lot and had formed a bond with Carol. She was like another mom to her and was there for her after her parents died. Valencia would miss her dearly.

The moment of silence ended when Liz told everyone, "Thank you so much. In the wake of this tragedy, the town has selected an interim mayor. Many of you may already know him. Please welcome Mr. Rudy Hopkins."

Valencia looked at Bonnie at the mention of her dad. Bonnie caught Valencia's eyes and shrugged, she didn't know that her dad was the new mayor. Rudy smiled at the crowd and said, "Thank you so much, Sheriff. Carol Lockwood put this town first. That's why I'm here to talk to you guys. You folks are the future of Mystic Falls..."

Valencia rolled her eyes before she stood up and left the gym, she did not need to hear some speech about how they needed to do better for the town of Mystic Falls. Valencia planned on leaving the school but that changed when she turned down a hallway and saw Elena on the ground with her neck in an unnatural position. Via looked around the hallway to see if the person if anyone was around. Feeling a presence behind her Valencia spun around and came face-to-face with Rebekah.

"Rebekah? How?" Valencia asked confused about how she was here and not still daggered.

"You can thank April for me standing here in front of you," Rebekah smirked. In a flash, she reached out and snapped Valencia's neck, watching as the blonde doppelganger fell limp to the ground.

————————

Shelves with books on them were the first thing Valencia saw when she woke up. She was in the school library and was leaning against a bookshelf. Via was confused about how she got there but then remembered running into Rebekah before it all went black. The blonde Original must've snapped her neck and brought her here. 

Valencia stood up and looked around, stopping when she saw Elena sitting at a table with Rebekah and April standing in front of her. Silently, Valencia turned around to make her escape but was stopped by Rebekah, who sped in front of her. Rebekah smirked, "Nice try, Via, but you're not leaving anytime soon."

"What are you planning Rebekah?" Valencia asked.

"I just want to catch up, Via," Rebekah innocently said. She looked into Valencia's eyes and compelled her, "Now, go sit down at the table Elena's at. I'll be back with the others and then we'll start."