The Return

Sat in the emergency room with stitches on her bottom lip was not how Valencia imagined her night going. The doctor ordered a CT scan to make sure she didn't have a concussion which thankfully she didn't. He also checked her nose and luckily it wasn't broken. They weren't making her stay overnight which she would've been happy about if she wasn't so worried about Caroline. She had internal bleeding and was having emergency surgery. The doctors weren't sure if she was going to make it and hearing that crushed Valencia. She had grown fond of Caroline and now considered her one of her best friends.

"Valencia! Oh, thank God!" Elena's voice was heard over all the commotion in the emergency room. The blonde sighed at the sight of her disheveled twin speed walking toward her.

"I told you to tell her not to come." Valencia glared at her Aunt Jenna, who was standing next to her signing papers for the hospital.

"I did. What did you expect though? You're her twin sister and you were in a car accident. Of course, she's going to come and make sure you're okay." Jenna sighed, she was tired of the tension between the twins and wanted whatever fight they were having to be over. She tried to get the twins to make up and while Elena was all for it, Valencia flat out refused.

Elena pulled Valencia into a hug, not caring that the blonde wasn't hugging her back. Elena pulled away and looked her twin over, frowning at the sight of her stitched lip. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It's Caroline I'm worried about, she's still in surgery and the doctors aren't sure if she's going to make it." Valencia frowned as she thought about Caroline.

"Hey, Caroline's going to be fine, she's a fighter." Jenna rubbed her niece's shoulder in comfort.

"Jenna's right, Care will pull through this and come out on the other side better than ever." Elena took Valencia's hand in her own and for that moment Valencia let go of the anger she felt towards her twin. She needed her twin and their feud was trumped by their worry for Caroline.

Valencia nodded in agreement to their words, there was no way Caroline would let a car accident be the end of her. It wasn't near dramatic enough for the Forbes girl. A nurse came walked over to the trio and smiled at them. "Okay, Miss. Gilbert, here is your prescription for your antibiotic. We don't want your lip to get infected so you're going to take the pill four times a day for five days. Your stitches will dissolve so you don't have to come back to get them removed. Also, stay away from hard foods for the next two days. Other than that, you're all good to go and can leave once your papers are all filled out."

"Here you go, everything should be in order." Jenna handed the nurse the clipboard before turning to the twins. "I'm gonna go find Liz and stay with her until Caroline's out of surgery. You both should go home. I'll call you with an update on Caroline."

The twins reluctantly agreed and left the hospital. As they got closer to Elena's car Damon came into view standing next to it. The blue-eyed vampire rolled his eyes when he saw Valencia and when the two made it to the car, he completely ignored the blonde's presence.

"Finally, we need to go warn Stefan. Let's go." Damon opened Elena's car door for her and shut it for her when she was in. He turned to go to his car but stopped when he saw Valencia standing there raising a perfectly plucked eyebrow at him.

"I see why Isobel said what she did." Valencia smirked at the glare he threw her way, finding enjoyment in making him mad. She walked around the car and got in the passenger seat of the car. She was met with a scolding from Elena but it only made the smirk on Valencia's face get bigger.

————————

On the way home from the hospital, Elena told Valencia about what happened with their Uncle John and Jeremy. Apparently, a vampire got into the house and cut off John's fingers then stabbed him. While that was happening, Jeremy had drunk the vial of blood Anna gave him and then tried to kill himself by taking a bunch of pills all because Anna died. That led to Elena telling her about their Uncle John setting a bunch of vampires on fire in the basement of their father's old practice.