Kill or Be Killed

After everything that happened at the kegger, Valencia was worn out. She needed a break from the supernatural drama, so when Jenna told her she was having a barbecue, Valencia was excited. She loved barbecues, especially the food that was made at one.
It was a nice way to unwind and relax.

Her break didn't last long though, for that night, Elena came home after going to Stefan's with Caroline and told Valencia what happened while she was gone. Apparently, Stefan wasn't at the barbecue because he was busy interrogating Katherine. Elena also told her how strange Caroline was acting and the hurtful things she was saying about her and Stefan's relationship.

Even Valencia could tell something was off with the blonde vampire when she talked to her during the barbecue, but she chalked it up to Caroline and Matt's break up. When Elena told her that she and Stefan had a fight about Katherine and broke up, Valencia was shocked, to say the least. Though she was confused as well since Elena didn't seem that sad about it.

It was the next day and Valencia was lying in bed dreading the day she had ahead of her. It was the Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day and Valencia would be helping Carol Lockwood oversee some of the projects and make sure everything was done right. With a dramatic sigh, she got up and got ready.

 With a dramatic sigh, she got up and got ready

(Valencia's outfit and hair and makeup🔼)

Valencia walked out of her room and went downstairs when she thought she heard a man's voice coming from Elena's room. Being the nosy person she is, Valencia quietly walked over to Elena's bedroom door and put her ear up against it. Her eyes widened at the sound of Stefan's voice.

'So that's why she didn't seem sad about her breakup with Stefan.' Valencia thought. The two were obviously still together. She just didn't know why Elena would fake break up with Stefan and hide their relationship.

She backed away from the door and continued her way downstairs then walked out of the house. She got in her car, backed out of the driveway, and made her way to the park where this year's Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day was being held.

————————

Valencia stopped at her favorite bakery, Svorski's Bakery, and got a cinnamon roll and blueberry hot chocolate before she made her way to the park.

When she got there, she was put to work by Carol Lockwood, who became Mayor after her husband died and would continue to be until the next election. Carol tasked her with running the renovation of the pavilion. The pavilion would be getting more support beams, new picnic tables to go in it, and a fresh coat of paint.

After assigning the group of volunteers she was given, Valencia got to work herself. She was varnishing the new picnic tables when someone joined her. She looked up and a smile took over her lips. "Hey, Stefan. I didn't know you volunteered."