Disturbing Behavior

It was hard letting Stefan go but Valencia tried her hardest to do it. She stopped looking for him and every time he came up in a conversation, she would change the subject or just tune it out. She needed to move on but she started seeing Stefan everywhere and was constantly being reminded of him by the smallest of things. It was becoming frustrating because it made her miss him even more and she was supposed to be letting go.

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked at a picture of her and Stefan at the masquerade ball. He didn't want to take the picture but she gave him puppy dog eyes and he caved. She put the photo in a shoe box next to her that was labeled 'Stefan'. Everything she had that reminded her of him lay in the box.

Valencia took one last look inside the box before she put the lid on. A knock on her door cut through her speaker that was playing music. She turned her speaker down and yelled for the person to come in. The door opened to reveal a bubbly blonde.

"Hey, Care," Valencia greeted with a smile. Caroline's presence alone could cheer Valencia up and that's what she needed at the moment.

"Hey, Via," Caroline greeted back as she plopped down on Valencia's bed. "Whatcha doin'?"

"Putting some things away."

Caroline tilted her head to the side to get a look at what she was putting away. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion when she saw the box and Stefan's name on it. "What happened?"

"What do you mean?" Valencia asked confused now too.

"In Chicago. What happened in Chicago with Stefan that led to his name being on a shoe box which I'm guessing is filled with memorabilia of him?"

"He told me to let him go so that's what I'm doing," Valencia answered. She took the box over to her closet and put it on the back of a shelf above her clothes.

"Just like that?"

Valencia sighed and turned to face Caroline. "Yes, just like that. Stefan's not coming back and I have to accept that. It's hard but he wants me to be happy and live my life. I can't do that and move on with all the constant reminders of him."

Caroline looked at her in sympathy, she knew how much Valencia cared for and missed Stefan. "Are you okay?"

"No," Valencia said her voice breaking as she thought back to her last encounter with Stefan. "Enough about me though. I got an interesting text from Tyler about your dad. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Caroline smiled for a split second before it fell and her lip began to tremble. Tears welled up in her eyes and she shook her head. "No. I'm not okay. My dad tortured me, Via. I always thought that he would love me no matter what, he even told me that. I guess vampirism changed that. He tried to fix me. I can't be fixed. I don't want to be fixed."

"Oh, Care." Valencia pulled her into a hug. She knew how much Caroline loved her dad and how close they were. For him to do what he did, pissed Valencia off to no end and she couldn't wait till the next time she saw Bill Forbes. A punch to the face and a kick to the balls was awaiting him.

————————

After Caroline stopped crying, she and Valencia went downstairs and into the kitchen. Bonnie and Elena were in there talking about their summers. Elena was cooking chili for a potluck being held at the Lockwood Mansion. The four of them began a conversation and talked about anything and everything.

"The problem with my dad's normal side of the family is normal made for a really boring summer," Bonnie said. She had left Mystic Falls for the summer like she usually does.