My Brother's Keeper

Waking up next to Stefan and seeing his face first thing in the morning would never get tiring to Valencia. She absolutely loved every part of it. From the way, he wrapped his arms around her tight and held her body close to his throughout the night to the kiss that he placed right below her ear when he felt her stirring awake. And don't get her started on what the sound of his low morning voice did to her. Every minute she spent with him she fell more and more in love with him which she didn't think was possible but was constantly proven wrong.

This morning was no different than any other morning when she woke up right next to him in his bed. The moment she started to wake up she felt Stefan's arms tightening around her pulling her closer before he placed a kiss right below her ear. A shiver ran through her and a soft moan escaped her lips at the feeling of his lips ghosting over her sweet spot on her neck. She didn't even have to look at Stefan to know he was smirking.

"Mornin' gorgeous," Stefan greeted in his low sleep-filled voice.

Valencia bit her bottom lip at the sound before she rolled over to face him and greeted him back, "Morning, handsome."

"I have a great idea. You and I stay in bed all day and ignore the outside world and everyone in it," Stefan proposed.

A knowing smirk made its way onto Valencia's lips as she said, "Nice try but you already agreed to help set up for Miss Mystic Falls Pageant with me and you're not getting out of it if. Especially since I already tried to back out and Caroline threatened me. If I have to go help set up then so do you."

"Caroline probably won't even notice since she'll be so busy decorating and making sure that everything goes as planned. Wouldn't you rather stay in bed with me all day and eat junk food?" Stefan asked with a pleading look in his eyes.

Via was about to give in despite knowing that Caroline would have her head but right before she could agree, her phone rang and the song "Best Friend" by Saweetie featuring Doja Cat started playing. Stefan groaned knowing that that song was Via's ringtone for Caroline and that any chance he had of convincing Via to stay in bed just went out of the window. Via blindly reached behind her for her phone that was on the bedside table and picked it up before she answered it and brought it to her ear.

"Well hello, my dearest best friend. What can I do for you on this fine morning?" Valencia asked in a mockingly proper tone.

"You and Stefan can get out of bed and get ready," Caroline answered.

"How do you know that we're not already up and ready?"

"Because I know the two of you. Now get up and come help me decorate and get everything ready for the pageant. Also, the contestant interviews are today. You have thirty minutes to get here. One minute after that and I'm coming to get the both of you and I won't be all bubbly, nice Caroline," the Forbes girl said before she hung up, not giving Via a chance to reply.

Via looked at Stefan and said, "And you thought we would be able to get out of it. Like that would ever happen. It's Caroline that we're dealing with. Now, get up so we can make it there in time. I don't know about you but she scares me and I don't feel like feeling her wrath when she comes to drag us out of bed."

After getting ready, the couple walked downstairs and were met with an angry-looking Klaus holding Damon up off the ground by his throat. Klaus looked at Stefan and asked, "In what world do the words 'tell no one' mean tell your brother and every teenage sycophant in town?"

Stefan rolled his eyes at Klaus's dramatics and said, "The secret's safe. No one who knows about the cure will endanger us. Trust me, you know I want to find it more than anyone else."

"Well then, I suggest you find some more vampires for Jeremy to kill before I'm tempted to offer you and your brother up as victims," Klaus threatened before he released Damon. Klaus then left but not before he told them, "And try and keep this one to yourselves, would you?"