Into the Wild + Down the Rabbit Hole

It was a cold day and if vampires could get cold, Valencia would have been a shivering mess as she helped unload the boats. She was with Stefan, Damon, Jeremy, Bonnie, Rebekah, Elena, and Professor Shane on an island two hundred miles off the Nova Scotia mainland. It was where the cure and Silas were located and Valencia hated that it wasn't someplace nicer.

Valencia stood next to Rebekah who glared at Elena as she walked by. Stefan, who was tying a rope into a knot, told Rebekah, "You know, you're not really helping."

"You're perfectly capable of tying a knot," Rebekah told Stefan.

"He was talking about you giving Elena the evil eye. It's not very productive," Valencia clarified.

"She killed my brother and tried to get the both of you to put a dagger in my back. She's lucky all she's getting is the evil eye," Rebekah scowled.

"You know I can hear you, right?" Elena asked Rebekah.

"You know I don't care, right?" Rebekah asked rhetorically.

Elena huffed and stopped walking before she vamp sped toward Rebekah. Elena grabbed Rebekah's neck and pointed the white oak stake at her chest. Rebekah flipped the brunette over and held her to the ground. "Go ahead, try and kill me. But then you'd have to face your real problems. Like the fact that Valencia and Stefan invited me here, themselves. We're the best of friends so I don't think they'd be very happy with you."

Rebekah walked away and Valencia went over to Elena and offered to help her up but she smacked her hand away and got up herself. Valencia sighed as she watched Elena angrily walk away before she walked back to Stefan. "I didn't think she could get any more pissed at me."

"Well, at least you're not alone. She hasn't said a word to me since I told her that I wouldn't dagger Rebekah," Stefan said trying to make her feel better.

It worked as a smile grew on Valencia's lips as she stared at him. "We're getting closer to everything we want."

Stefan nodded, "It's right in front of us."

"Are you ready?" Valencia asked.

"For the life I have wanted since I became a vampire? I'm more than ready," Stefan confirmed. He was ready to be human again and have a normal life. A life that he wholeheartedly planned to spend with Valencia until his last breath. She was his forever.

"So am I," Valencia smiled. She didn't necessarily hate being a vampire, she actually liked the strength that came along with it and the feeling that she was capable of doing anything. She didn't like the bloodlust and she absolutely hated the sire bond between her and Stefan. It had ruined everything.

The two smiled knowingly at each other, the cure would fix everything. Once they had it, they could be together again and nothing could tear them apart. The two were interrupted by Damon who yelled, "Are you two coming or would you rather continue to get lost in each other's eyes?"

The two rolled their eyes before they walked over and joined the group. The hike to where the cure was on the island began. After walking for a while, Shane pulled out his phone and held it up in the air. His phone beeped and he said, "Satellite phone lost its signal."

"Well, that's a good sign," Damon said sarcastically.

"Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Elena asked as she looked around the deserted island.