Katerina

The next morning, Valencia and Elena woke up to the latter's phone going off. It was Stefan, who needed to talk to her about something important. Elena got up and dragged Valencia with her to the Salvatore Boarding House. When they got there they were greeted by Damon and Stefan who led them to the living room where a woman was. Apparently, the woman was the one who kidnapped Elena and tried to hand her off to the Original vampire named Elijah.

Stefan had to hold Valencia back when she lunged at the vampire whose name was Rose. After a bunch of threats riddled with cuss words and telling Rose where she could go, Valencia was calmed down by Elena. Rose told them about Elijah and that he was going to give Elena to another Original named Klaus. It was a lot to take in but Elena handled it like a pro and left the boarding house with Valencia under the claim of going to school.

It was when they were some miles away from the boarding house that Elena told Valencia her plan. She wanted to talk to Katherine to find out the truth about Klaus and Elijah. Valencia wasn't completely on board with the plan but Elena gave her puppy dog eyes and begged her to help.

The twins were now in the woods with Caroline on their way to the tomb under the old Fell church. Damon had put Katherine there for revenge which Valencia found justifiable and couldn't help but see the karma in the whole thing.

"Tell everyone I wasn't wasn't feeling well and Valencia took me home," Elena told Caroline.

"I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. I'm a terrible liar," Caroline said.

"The only time you have to lie is when you tell people where we're at. Other than that you just have to keep Stefan busy so he doesn't know what we're up to. Just talk about how you're handling being a vampire and ask him what to do about Tyler," Valencia told her with a shrug. Caroline could talk and talk so it shouldn't be too hard to distract Stefan.

Caroline gave her a 'really' look at how easy she made it out to be. "I'm even worse at duplicity and you both know this. Why can't Via do it? It clearly won't be hard for her."

"Vial's staying with me. Besides, you managed to keep me occupied when Katherine paid Stefan a visit," Elena reminded her.

A look of disbelief crossed Caroline's face at Elena's words. The blonde vampire defended herself, "Yeah, because she threatened me. Not that I'm saying that you should use that as a tactic, it's...Stefan's gonna see right through me."

Elena stopped walking and put her hands on Caroline's shoulders. "Caroline, as my friend, do you promise or not?"

"Ooh, she brought out the girlfriend code. Don't know how you're gonna get out of this one now," Valencia said and laughed at the glare Caroline threw her way,

"I promise," Caroline told Elena in a defeated voice. She didn't want to lie to Stefan, not after he helped her adjust to becoming a vampire.

"Okay." Elena smiled and the three continued their walk to the tomb.

"Why don't you want Stefan to know?" Caroline asked the brunette.

"Because he would never be okay with us doing this."

The trio made it to the church ruins and Elena led them to the steps. They went down them and came to an opening underground. There was a stone door in the opening with a pentagram on it. Behind the door was the tomb that 27 vampires suffered in for 145 years. The tomb that Katherine was supposed to be in and that Bonnie's Grams died from performing the spell to open it.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Caroline asked Elena.

"Yes, I'm sure. She's the only one who knows the truth about Klaus. The only one who can tell me how to stop him," Elena reassured Caroline.