The Reckoning

It was the night before the first day of the new school year, aka senior prank night, and Valencia, Caroline, Elena, Tyler, and Bonnie were setting up mouse traps in one of the classrooms. Caroline had made Elena and Bonnie come while Valencia and Tyler were there because they wanted to be. After the summer she had, Valencia wanted a night full of fun and no worries. Plus, she would get to prank her teachers and get away with it, so of course, she wanted to participate.

The door to the classroom opened and someone stepped inside causing all the mouse traps on the floor to go off. The light turned on to reveal it was Matt that opened the door and ruined their hard work.

"Fuck!" Valencia exclaimed when the mouse trap she was setting up went off and clamped down on two of her fingers. "Son of a bitch!"

"Ohh! Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!" Caroline exclaimed, frustrated.

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler asked Matt as he helped Valencia get her two fingers out of the trap.

"Clearly," Matt said while Valencia thanked Tyler for his help.

Valencia held her pulsing fingers to her chest in pain as she glared at Matt. Caroline looked at Matt in disbelief and asked, "How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year."

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this," Elena told him.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this," Matt said.

Bonnie chimed in, "Caroline's making us."

Caroline sighed, "We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't-"

Elena cut her off and finished the speech Caroline gave her earlier. "-And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?"

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care."

"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank," Tyler said and grabbed his duffle bag before he left.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Bonnie asked Elena when she went to leave.

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories," Elena answered with a smile.

Caroline smiled back, happy that Elena was participating. "I love you!"

"Wait, I'm coming with you!" Valencia jogged after Elena with a smile.

"I can superglue a desk shut without your help," Elena teased.

"I know. That's not why I'm coming with you. Pretty sure Ric keeps a bottle of whiskey in one of his desk drawers. Think he'll notice if I dump half of it out and replace it with iced tea?" Valencia asked with a smirk.

Elena shook her head at her twin but her smile remained on her lips. They saw Tyler give rolls of saran wrap to other seniors and ordered them to, "Get the faculty toilet seats, and Dana needs bodies in the gym. Let's go."

Valencia and Elena laughed at the prank he was going to pull. They went through double doors to go to Ric's classroom only to bump into someone they never wanted to see again.

"There's my girl," Klaus said to Elena with a smirk.

"Klaus!" Elena gasped. She grabbed a shell-shocked Valencia's hand and turned around to run only for him to be in front of them.

"You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?" Klaus asked angrily. He grabbed Elena by the arm and pulled her through the hallways.