Ghost World

It was another one of the 150th town events and Valencia was with Caroline and Bonnie hanging lanterns from trees. Bonnie stood on a ladder that Caroline held to make sure she didn't fall while Valencia handed Bonnie the lanterns. They were talking about Vicki, who Matt had helped gain a foothold in the world of the living.

Matt didn't know it at the time but for Vicki to stay, she had to kill Valencia to stop Klaus from making more hybrids. Vicki was behind Ric's car catching on fire with Valencia and Stefan trapped inside. Matt had just wanted his sister back in any way he could get her and had profusely apologized to Via after Bonnie blocked Vicki's foothold. 

Valencia forgave him instantaneously and apologized to him because if she hadn't killed Vicki then none of them would be in this situation, to begin with. Matt didn't necessarily forgive her but he did want to move past it because he missed Valencia so much over the past few months and wanted her back in his life.

"So when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna, too?" Caroline asked Bonnie.

"I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical foothold here. Jeremy's still got a direct line to the other side, and as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here," Bonnie explained as she came down from the ladder.

"Okay, you don't think I can actually resist commenting on that?"

"There. You commented."

"Bonnie..."

"What do you want me to say, Caroline? I went against the balance of nature when I brought Jeremy back to life, and now I'm paying the consequences," Bonnie said.

"Well, I want you to say you're not okay with it."

"I'm a thousand times not okay with it. I just don't know what to do about it," Bonnie sighed.

"I think my brother is an idiotic dumbass, who as much as I love, doesn't deserve you at the moment," Valencia commented earning a surprised look from Bonnie. "What? Just cause we don't get along most of the time doesn't mean I'm going to defend my brother when he's in the wrong. You're good for him and most importantly, you're alive."

Bonnie smiled softly at Via. "Thanks, Valencia. That means a lot coming from you."

Valencia playfully winked at her. Their attention was turned to Damon as he pulled up his car near them. They walked over to him as he said, "Greetings, blondie. Witchy. Pamela Anderson. I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan."

"What do you mean, why?" Bonnie asked.

"Because I'm pretty sure I just got spit-roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost," Damon answered.

"What?" Bonnie asked as Valencia laughed and said, "I would've paid to see that."

Damon threw a glare at Valencia before he turned back to Caroline as she asked, "And why would you think that?"

"Maybe because he chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest. Let's just say I'm having déjà vu," Damon said. He had done the same thing to Mason before he killed him.

Caroline turned to Bonnie. "I thought you said that ghosts couldn't physically interact with people."

"They can't," Bonnie said.

"Yeah, well, I don't have time for a vengeful Lockwood. When I kill someone, they're supposed to stay dead. Whatever you screwed up, fix it." Damon drove away fast, his tires squealing as he did.

"This isn't going to end well, is it?" Valencia asked even though she knew the answer. For the past year, some shit always occurred whenever the town was celebrating something.