Know Thy Enemy

Previously

They both shrugged their shoulders, neither of them expecting anyone. Jenna went to open the door, Elena and Valencia not far behind. The twins stopped dead in their tracks when they saw who was at the door.

There stood Isobel talking to Jenna. "I'm...Elena and Valencia's mother." Isobel looked at the twins.

"Isobel," Elena said.

"Oh come on! You've got to be fucking kidding!" Valencia exclaimed.

Now

Isobel still stood at the door. She looked from Valencia to Elena. "Hello, Elena, Valencia. It's nice to see you two again."

Jenna looked at the twins in shock and betrayal as she asked, "Again?"

The twins didn't know what to say and continued to stare at their birth mother. Isobel turned her attention to Jenna and said, "So you're the woman who's dating my husband. I need to speak to Elena. May I come in?"

"N-n-no. Don't...don't invite her in," Elena stuttered.

"I need to talk to you, Elena."

"No!" Elena exclaimed and slammed the door in Isobel's face. She looked at Jenna who had tears streaming down her face.

"You both knew she was still alive? Ric? John? Did they know?" Jenna asked.

"We can explain everything, Jenna," Valencia told her.

"No," Jenna shook her head.

"No. Jenna, please," Elena begged but Jenna ran upstairs. The twins followed her and Elena continued to try and get their aunt to stop. "Jenna, please. Wait. Jenna, please wait."

Jenna didn't listen and ran into her bedroom. She slammed her door and slid down it as she continued to cry.

"Jenna, you have to talk to us. We...We need to explain what's going on. Jenna, please."

Jenna didn't answer so Valencia tried. "Jenna, please listen. I know what you're going through. I know how it hurts. The betrayal, confusion, and anger you're feeling, I felt it all too. We were going to tell you soon, we just didn't know how. Please. Please don't shut us out."

There was no response. The only thing Valencia and Elena could hear was the sound of her crying and it broke their hearts. The two sat outside her door for a while, hoping that she would open it but she didn't. Elena eventually had to drag Valencia to bed after the blonde refused to get up. She was scared that Jenna would leave before they could talk to her.

————————

Valencia didn't sleep well that night at all. She tossed and turned, the guilt she felt and the sight of betrayal on Jenna's face kept her up. She got out of bed and got ready at the crack of dawn to make sure she would be there when Jenna came out of her room. She was in the kitchen when Elena came downstairs about an hour and a half after she got up. Elena had texted Stefan and Alaric about what had happened the night before. Alaric showed up not too long after he got Elena's text. The twins answered the door and let him in.