New Deal

It had been almost two weeks since homecoming and Via had seen Stefan. He left town the same night as the homecoming dance after he stopped Damon from killing Klaus and Klaus killed Mikael. It had also been the last night she had talked to or seen Rebekah.

Elena and Damon had claimed that Rebekah had changed her mind about helping them kill Klaus and had gone back to being by the Original Hybrid's side. It was safe to say that Valencia didn't believe them but she hadn't been able to get ahold of Rebekah so she was starting to question if Damon and Elena were actually telling the truth.

Valencia needed to clear her head and had been running around the neighborhood in the mornings before school. Usually, she hated getting up earlier than necessary but lately, she hadn't been sleeping well. So she decided to do something instead of just lying in bed being consumed by her thoughts.

This morning was no different and she was running while listening to music through her earbuds. She stopped running to change the song and check what time it was when out of the corner of her eye, she saw a man in a hoodie running toward her. She knew she was probably being paranoid but the man made her feel unnerved. She started running again, trying to brush the feeling off, and ran until she felt like there was a good enough distance between her and the man. Taking deep breaths, Valencia calmed herself down before turning around to run back to her house. She didn't get far because as soon as she turned around, she ran straight into the hooded man.

The man took his earbuds out and said, "Excuse me. Should have been watching where I was going."

"Don't worry about it," Valencia told him as she looked him up and down. She had never seen him around before but that didn't mean anything. Despite Mystic Falls being a small town, Via didn't know everyone that lived there.

"Have a nice day," the man smiled before jogging away.

Valencia watched him go until he was out of sight before shaking her head. She was being paranoid because she played a part in what should've been Klaus's demise. Klaus didn't die though and he knew that she and her friends tried to kill him. She was waiting for him to strike back and get his revenge but it hadn't come yet which only worried her more.

————————

Elena, who had noticed her twin's off behavior lately, had dragged Valencia to the Grill with her and Bonnie. She was worried for Via because it was not like her to jump at every loud noise or to get up early in the morning when she didn't go to bed until after midnight. When Valencia came home from her run this morning, Elena could tell she was shaken up by something and grew even more worried for her twin.

The trio was sitting at a table in the Mystic Grill and Elena was talking to Bonnie. The loud noise of glass shattering caused Valencia to jump and look around frantically. Elena and Bonnie noticed this and looked at Valencia in worry.

"Okay, what's going on with you?" Elena asked in worry.

"What do you mean?" Valencia asked, confused.

"I mean, you're jumpy and you clearly haven't been sleeping. Not to mention that you are constantly looking around like something or someone is going to jump out and get you. So, what's going on?" Elena asked.

Valencia sighed, she knew someone was bound to notice. The bags under her eyes were proof enough that something was wrong. "I'm losing it. I'm paranoid all the time and I'm going fucking crazy. I keep waiting for Klaus to pop up and do something so I'm constantly on guard. I can't sleep and I'm barely eating."

"But you love to sleep and eat," Elena said. This was more serious than she thought.

"You have a right to be paranoid. Klaus is still out there and he knows that you played a part in the failed attempt of his murder," Bonnie spoke.