Bad Moon Rising

It was too early. Elena had woken Valencia up at 8:00 so they could go over to Stefan's house to discuss something that happened at the carnival. At first, Valencia told her to fuck off and let her sleep, but when Elena told her it had something to do with the Lockwoods, she got out of bed and got ready.

The twins arrived at the Salvatore Boarding House at 9:30. They would have gotten there at 9:00, but Valencia made Elena stop at her favorite bakery. The two strolled into the house and Valencia waved at Stefan, not even acknowledging Damon's presence. She was still pissed at him for killing Jeremy and trying to kill Caroline, not to mention the whole Vicki thing.

"So, why did you make me wake up at 8:00 on the weekend?" Valencia asked.

"What do you know about the Lockwoods?" Damon asked.

"Why?"

"Just answer the question," Damon demanded earning him a scoff from Valencia.

Stefan shook his head at his brother. "What he means is, do you know why Tyler and his dad were affected by Johnathan Gilbert's device?"

"No, I don't. I thought maybe one of you would." Valencia sat down on one of the couches in the living room.

"What about Mason? You know anything about him?" Elena asked as she sat down beside her.

"He's considered the black sheep of the family. He's more laid back than Tyler's dad was and it caused them to argue a lot. He was always the cool uncle and brother so it left the Mayor being the serious, strict brother. Why do you wanna know about him?" Valencia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion at why they were interested in Tyler's family.

Before anyone could answer her, Mr. Saltzman walked into the room. Damon smirked at him. "Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

Alaric rolled his eyes and said, "Elena mentioned you needed my help."

"Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family," Stefan told him as he moved to stand behind the twins.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" Alaric asked in confusion.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might." At the mention of their vampire birth mother, Valencia tensed and looked at Elena who was avoiding making eye contact with her.

Elena looked at Alaric and elaborated. "Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together."

"You said that she had spent years researching this town," Stefan recalled.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls is rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction."

Damon smirked at Alaric's words. "Like that amazing vampire story."

Elena rolled her eyes at him. "Aside from vampires, what else?"

"The lycanthrope."

"Wait, like werewolves?" Valencia asked in a 'really' tone.

Damon shook his head. "No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney."

"Is it?" Stefan asked as he thought about it.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty-some odd years and never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon asked.

Alaric asked, "Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?"

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' Day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler."

Stefan added to Damon's statement. "And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's workers. It suggests it's some sort of a supernatural entity."