Making The Call

Azki pov:I was waiting for Sui-chan to call Sora-chan but I was a bit worried about calling Sora right now when she could be very busy doing idol things. We were also planning our wedding, so we didn't really have much time to waste. Honestly, I was here to invite Sui-chan to our wedding but she had different ideas. We would have to ask her later.

The difficult one would be Mikochi, since she has some sort of vendetta against me for some reason. I've done nothing wrong, yet she was acting like I stole her girlfriend or something.

"Azki-chan!" Suisei shouted, getting my attention, "Weren't you going to call Sora-chan?" She asked. I nodded frantically, pulling out my phone. When I dialed her number, she didn't seem to pick it up.

"Of course, Sora-chan is probably contacting people for our wedding," I said nonchalantly. Suisei looked at me, her mouth agape.

"Wedding!" I nodded. I was planning on telling her later so she would focus on the task at hand, but I accidentally spoke my mind.

"Sui-chan, it's not a big deal right now." I told her and she looked at me in disbelief,

"What do you mean, not important? I'll definitely be there!" She said eagerly, "She really made this easy for me." I gave her a sly thumbs up.

Sora-chan called me back. I smiled at the sight of her name, answering immediately. It was nice to hear her sweet voice again.

"What's wrong, Azki?" Sora worriedly said, "I laughed at how concerned she was." I quickly began to explain the situation, so she didn't think I was in any danger.

"Oh, Sui-chan wants to bring back Gen 0?" Sora sighed. I could tell her voice was filled with uncertainty. I really wanted to make sure she was comfortable with this idea before pressing her.

"If you don't want to do this, you don't have to." I told her. I could hear her trying to process her thoughts through her head as we talked.

"I will agree on one condition: you must ensure the safety of Azki." Sora said Suisei nodded despite Sora not being able to see her.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," she said. I laughed at her confidence, but this was easier said than done. Mikochi would have to agree to work with me again.

"Sora-chan, we'll discuss this more later, okay?" I asked if we could meet up in about an hour and she agreed; I thought about it and added thirty minutes to that; an hour and a half should be enough to discuss this with Mikochi before meeting up with her.

"Love you!" She said, hanging up the call before I could say it back. She definitely was energetic today.

I knew the dangers of bringing Gen 0 back. That's why I wanted to discuss the details with them. Mikochi also probably won't be agreeable, so I have to sort that out.

Maybe I could give her what she wants most or take her out for dinner. It seemed pleasant. I feel as if we left off on bad terms. As soon as I announced the engagement with Sora, she went off the grid.

"What does Mikochi do now Sui-chan?" I asked. Suisei looked at me and began to laugh. "She's a pathetic shrine maiden." I felt as if they'd be cute together since they've always had this type of relationship where they tease each other.

I would be lying if I said I missed our time as a unit. Being Gen 0 was fun. The title of strongest was nice to bear for a while, but it got old. Sometimes we wanted to move on and go our separate ways, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends. That just means we can make new friends.

"Azki-chan, I have a weird request." Sui-chan said, looking all embarrassed. I gazed at her, confused by what she was going to ask. She cleared her throat, opening her mouth to speak but nothing came out at first.

"When you and Sora-chan get married can you please adopt me!" Suisei blurted out, my face went blank. She wanted us to adopt her. A grown adult woman wanted us to adopt her.

"I'm confused why?" I asked in pure awe. She just shrugged, saying she always wanted parents like us but never got that and Anemachi would enjoy it as well.

"Sui-chan, how's Anemachi?" I asked about changing the subject. She told me she is fine but she still hasn't found work yet, so she always wants to come to council to spend time with her, not that she minds. Anemachi is always welcome in council even if Mumei wishes she wasn't.

I told Sui-chan she should introduce me to her council friends at some point. She told me she would after we get all of this sorted because they would need some divine intervention in order to pull something off.

I got up to stretch, asking Sui-chan if she wanted to go take a walk. She nodded and we were on our way back to where Mikochi was Sui-chan warned me. Mikochi was in a bad mood since I was coming. I wanted to try to make amends with her.

"Why does she dislike me all of a sudden?" I asked Suisei, wondering if she knew she thought about it before telling me it probably had to do with Sora, but she wasn't going to try to understand her pea brain

"Be nicer to your friend!" I laughed. She nodded, getting attentive, and apologized for her slander,

"You're so fun, Sui-chan." I laughed. My laugh made her start laughing. I forgot how much fun Sui-chan was to be around when I was with Gen 0. I felt like my darkness was gone.

As we approached the shrine, I noticed the red-haired shrine maiden. I was going to find out how to befriend Mikochi again.