Anniversary and Proposal

Zeta pov: The three of us got to the council, but I was more nervous now than ever. As we entered, I immediately saw Kaela and this made me blush.

"Hey Beb..." I said slyly Kaela jumped at the sound of my voice, quickly scanning the room for me.

"H-hi!" She stuttered. Her face grew bright red as she looked away from me.

"So awkward..." Kobo sighed. She pushed Kaela forward so she would be forced to look at me Mumei did the same. We had no choice but to stare at each other.

"Happy anniversary, Kaela..." I said, handing her the flowers.

"T-thank you!" She said she bit her lip I could tell neither of us knew what to say in this situation.

"So what do you want to do?" I nervously laughed I looked back at Mumei, who was face palming.

"Why do you suck at this?" Mumei asked, whispering into my ear.

"I'm sorry, I'm not used to this!" I whispered into her ear, not noticing that Ela could hear me.

"Zeta, we can do this later if you're nervous." Ela said I was losing her.

"No beb, don't go, I want to do this now!" I hugged her and nuzzled her, making sure she could feel my love for her.

I really didn't want to let go of Ela. I was just basking in her glory. She was comforting for me to be around. My safe haven. I always enjoyed coming home to her after work.

"I love you" I said softly, staring at her softly. She leaned down and pecked my forehead. "I love you too, beb," she whispered.

"You are just like a penguin," I said, giggling softly. She seemed to take that as an insult.

"Take that back..." She said I got on my toes and pressed my lips to hers.

"I refuse," I said, finally letting go. I turned to Mumei to tell her I was going to head to the guest room with her, but she was gone.

Mumei wants us to be alone I thought to myself that I was grateful that Kobo didn't seem to get the memo though since she was still here. She wasn't trying to talk to us, so she knew her boundaries somewhat.

I reached for her hand and was shocked to find out she did the same, so our hands quickly met and interlocked.

"You are cute." I said under my breath I wasn't expecting her to have heard that, but she did.

We made our way to the guest room and immediately fell onto the bed where we just hugged each other.

"I made dinner reservations for Ela." I told her. She looked at me and smiled. I could tell she was impressed.

"Really?" She asked. I nodded. I was about to speak but she connected our lips again. This time our kiss was deep.

I thought about it and wondered if this was a good time to propose to her or not. It probably wasn't, but the mood was really close to being set for a proper proposal. We were both over the moon right now

I gazed at her finger and lifted up her hand. I softly kissed her ring finger, much to her confusion. I slowly moved up her arm until our lips connected again. One thing after another, and things started to get heated to the point where we were taking off clothes.
We were about to take the next step when Kobo interrupted, knocking on the door.

"Kaela, Zeta, I want to hang out!" Kobo whined. Kaela and I gazed at each other and sighed as we grabbed all the stray articles of clothing and put them on.
I went over and opened the door for her and she came tumbling in. "I hope I didn't interrupt anything," she said.

"Not at all..." I was clearly annoyed by her appearing at this time, but she didn't seem to notice my displeasure with her sudden appearance.

She looked at me and smiled, "Have you popped the question yet?" She whispered to me I shook my head.

"No because it's not the right time, besides someone interrupted us," I said, and Kobo laughed.

"You must be angry at that person." She giggled I couldn't tell if she didn't know it was her or if she was just messing with me

"Wait, were you two about to do the deed?" She asked in shock

I nodded, but she is pure and somewhat innocent, so she didn't know what that entailed

I sighed, wondering when the right time would be. She caught my attention as she got out of bed. "I have something to give you." she said, pulling out a locket and giving it to me

I looked at it and smiled as I opened it. The picture inside was us on our first date. I began reminiscing on everything that had happened in our relationship. I finally decided it would be a good idea to ask the question to Ela.

I had to beat my nerves and finally ask. No matter how scared I was of rejection, we made it this far, and there was no way she'd say no. At least that's what I thought. There was always the possibility of her saying no to me for some bizarre reason

"Uhm.. Ela, I want to ask you something." I said quietly. She looked at me and tilted her head to the side

"What do you need?" She asked

"So beb you know I love you right?" I asked she nodded

"So I want to ask you a question..." I said I noticed Ela was nervous I think she thought I may be breaking up with her
I got on one knee and pulled out the ring

"Kaela it would mean the world to me if you would marry me!" I said her eyes widened in shock

Kaela was silent for a moment but she finally opened her mouth giving me an answer...