Odd Text

Kiara pov: We kept walking in silence as we slowly changed our pace. Mumei seemed adamant on helping Lui.

"Tsk... It takes everything I have to keep up." Zeta growled

"You can rest!" Kaela said

"No Ela!" Zeta yelled

"Don't be selfish!" Kaela commented

"You are being selfish!" Zeta said

"Calm down, you two," Reine said.

Mumei looked back at all of us and sighed. She was in a bad mood.

"Hurry up! We need to pick up the pace!" Mumei shouted

I walked over to her and pulled her close to me, putting her in a hug.

"Don't worry..." I said it quietly and calmly as I was trying to soothe her.

"But Lui could be in danger!" Mumei commented

"I think she's fine. No one will try to hurt her here," I explained.

Deep down, I knew this wasn't what she was worried about; it was about Omega. I couldn't read her mind, but her expression had turned cold like back then.

"Let go," Mumei said softly.

"No, I refuse," I stated.

She tilted her head slightly and sighed. She seemed quite upset. She bit her lip so hard it began to bleed, soon healing.

"Kiara, why are you like this?" Mumei asked

"You are my little sister!" I shouted

She smiled a bit before pushing me away and beginning to walk again. She still wasn't in a good mood, but that smile was progress. I need to pressure her more, but she probably won't let me.

"Kiara, thank you for..." Mumei said, "Coldly." She had little emotion.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Kiara, have you heard of the boundary?" Mumei asked

"The what?" I said I was confused.

"There was a message back there, an odd text that said look beyond the boundary," Mumei explained.

I looked at the wall, noticing text there that I couldn't read. I pointed at it, telling Mumei to see if she could read it. She glared at it, and her face immediately twisted.

"Again the Boundary," Mumei said.

"How can you read it?" I asked

Mumei pulled out her phone and took a picture of the text, sending it to the rest of the council and Irys.

"Let's see if they can read it," Mumei said.

I looked over her shoulder to see who replied. Fauna said she could, as could Sana; however, Kronii, Bae, and Irys couldn't read it.

"Hmm.. that's odd," I said. "Maybe Fauna just said she could read it."

"But Sana said she could; why would she lie?" Mumei asked

That was true; she was definitely the most trustworthy person in council, but Mumei can't grasp this because both Fauna and Kronii said different things.

"Mumei, do you think that some people can't read it for a reason?" I asked

"Well, maybe because Irys wasn't granted power by Omega, she can't read it," Mumei said.

That was a good theory, but Bae said she couldn't read it, and she was granted power, which didn't make much sense.

"Maybe because I took some power from her, she can't," Mumei said.

"Yeah, maybe," I sighed.

"What are you talking about, Mumei-senpai?" Zeta asked

"Oh, stuff," Mumei said.

"Hey, can either Zeta read this?" I pointed to the text and asked

"Uhm. Nope!" Both said it in unison.

"Wait, actually, a boundary?" They both said

"So you can read it!" Mumei said

"Only boundaries, nothing else," both said.

Maybe they have seen this text before, and we're taught it. Who knows? They seemed pretty confident, and they are right.

"Can you read it, Ela?" Zeta asked

"Yeah, I've read about this text," Kaela said.

"Explain it to me!" Mumei said

"It's the text of the gods," Kaela explained.

"Really?" Mumei said.

That makes sense why she could understand it, but why couldn't Bae, Kronii, and Irys? They should be able to read it.

"I think they are lying," Mumei said.

"But that doesn't make sense!" I said

"Bae probably can't read it." Mumei said

I sighed and shook my head; there has to be a reason as to why they can't read it; they are God's after all; they all were granted power, so why can't they?

Bae, Kronii, and Irys either had to be lying, or they genuinely could read it but didn't want to speak up about it.

"The boundary doesn't have space, time, nature, or chaos." Mumei suddenly said

"Huh?" I stated my confusion.

"That's what I was just told," Mumei said.

I nodded, so Omega was giving her information; now something has to be done if it has come to this.

"Mumei-senpai, don't listen to what that thing says," Reine said.

"Wait, the boundary has civilization and hope?" Mumei said

She began to ponder that, as did I: why single out those two but not the others? Maybe Irys was part of Omega too.

"Reine, call Ollie... " I suddenly said without thinking

"Why? "She won't help," Reine stated

"I need to talk to Pekora-senpai," I said.

"I could just call Moona-senpai...." Reine explained

"No call, Ollie, she'll definitely pick it up," I said.

Ollie was someone who didn't think before she picked up the phone. We could be trying to do something to her, but she will answer anyways and reply to all the questions we have.

The reason I need to talk to Pekora-senpai is because, back in council, I saw that weird text on one of the walls. I need to see if she remembers that.

"Could the text be related?" Mumei asked

"Probably," I said.

"No goods, no service." Someone is jamming the signal. Reine sighed

"Damn the scientist is smart." I said

"Wait, I just had a thought, why would they have texted me about this?" Mumei asked

"What do you mean?" I asked

"This is text from the gods, so why would there randomly be text like this here?" Mumei said

She was becoming suspicious; this was clearly planted by someone, but by whom?

We couldn't be bothered by this though, as Chloe dropped down from the vents, landing on top of Mumei.