A Chat

Kiara Pov: "Calli, can I talk to you in private?" I questioned

Calli looked up, giving me a quick glance before nodding "After dinner." She stated that I agreed with her, and we finished eating, letting Kobo and Clara watch TV after so Calli and I could chat in our room without interruptions.

"What do you need?" Calli questioned as she shifted something on our nightstand. I looked at her, softly smiling.

"I want to introduce myself to Mama Mori," I said. Calli tilted her head to the side, perplexed by what I had just said.

"Mama Mori knows you and really likes you... Calli stated

I nodded in response to her question, "But I'm your wife now, aren't I?" I asked Calli to put her fingers to her chin and begin to think, almost looking like a detective.

"Your thinking face is cute," I laughed.

"Shut up, Kuso-Wawa...." Calli said

"Hahahahaha!" I began to laugh.

"What the fuck is so funny!" Calli yelled

"You let the old you slip!" I laughed

Calli didn't even notice that she almost called me Kusotori; she bit her lip and bowed down to me, almost like she was groveling, "I'm sorry, Wawa!" She said it with remorse.

I walked over to her, chuckling once more, and lifted up her head, glaring into her eyes longingly.

"Don't apologize, shyte reaper." I laughed as I kissed her gently, quickly pulling away and pushing her back. She seemed to like how I just handled her blushing a bit.

"You are a masochist," I laughed.

"No, I'm not," Calli said, pausing in between speaking.

"I don't believe you," I whispered into her ear.

She probably expected me to do more, but I walked away and sat on the bed, bouncing on it a little.

"Anyway, Calli, let's figure out a date," I said.

"I'd have to bring it up with Mama Mori!" Calli said

"Then do it, and let's bring Clara and Kobo," I said.

"We can not let her know we have kids!" Calli said

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because if she found out, she'd never stop doting on them," Calli said.

"But don't you want them to be doted on?" I asked

"N-no!" Calli said

"Why not?" I questioned

"Because I want them to pay attention to me," Calli said.

"I'm the favorite parent," I said.

"I know but..." Calli seemed frustrated.

"If you don't want them to go, I won't make you compromise," I said.

"No, let's have them along." Calli suddenly said

"I'm shocked. "What's with the sudden change?" I asked

"I want my mom to be happy that we got together and have a family," Calli said.

"Eh, are you sure?" I asked, and Calli nodded slowly.

"If that's really what you want," I stated

"You sound unsure now," Calli laughed.

She was right. The tables had turned now, and I was the one unsure about whether I wanted Kobo and Clara to meet Mama Mori. I definitely don't want them to meet my mother, but Mama Mori may be a nice little change of pace for their lives.

"Calli, let's do it." I said

"Wait right now!" Calli was shocked.

I glared at her in annoyance. "No, not like that!" I said I'd make her realize I meant to take the kids to Mama Mori's.

"Maybe we can bring Bae and Irys too," Calli said.

"I don't know if Mumei wants her out," I said.

"Who Irys?" Calli asked

"No... Bae!" She nodded, finally understanding.

"I got it," Calli said.

"Yeah, apparently without chaos, she isn't doing so well," I said.

"Well then, let's take her out and make some chaos," Calli said.

"We'd have to ask Mumei first," I said.

"Why?" Calli asked.

"She would kill me if we just took Bae and left!" I said

"Well, she is my sister, so I have the right to take her wherever I want," Calli said.

"That's not how things work!" I said

We continued bickering on and on, quickly realizing there was no victory in arguing like this.

"Just ask anyways," Calli said.

"Sure, why not?" I sighed

I pulled out my phone quickly, remembering that Mumei was on a date with Fauna.

"We need to call later...." I said

"What now?" Calli asked

"Mumei is on a date; I don't want to become a side dish by interrupting her," I said.

"She wouldn't hurt you!" Calli said

That may be true, but it is still rude to interrupt people. I didn't want to interfere in her business to ask for something so pointless that I won't be able to do since Mumei is serious about protecting Bae.

Mumei seems so afraid of chaos, despite the fact that for all the years I've known Bae, she didn't seem threatening, and again, I haven't seen her doing her duty.

Omega seemed pretty adamant that Bae is useless, but I haven't seen enough to judge.

It makes sense that Bae didn't do much work in a way because chaos is linked to everyone else in council.

Bae is just a byproduct though, so I don't know how much of that is true.

"Let's just go now and take Bae and hide her somewhere," Calli said.

"I am about 99% sure Momei can track Bae," I said.

"Actually all of Council too," I said again.

"Well, have Irys take her and hide," Calli said.

"The person who hides her isn't the issue." I said

Calli nodded in understanding, saying she just wanted to see Bae, even though it's only been a day since we last saw her. To be fair, it does feel like it's been over a month since we last saw Bae.

I missed Calli, and although it has only been hours since we parted, it also felt like more than a month since we saw each other.

Calli lied down on the bed, and I lied next to her, cuddling her to get comfy.

"Call Mama Mori," I stated.

Calli nodded as she pulled out her phone and began calling her mother, who soon picked up the phone.