Confronting The Owl

Kiara pov: I suddenly gained a massive headache, but I didn't seem delerious Calli seemed to be acting oddly, as though she wanted to confront Mumei, but I knew something was off.

"Mumei!" I yelled as Calli and I busted into the council room. She looked at me and tilted her head.

"What's going on?" I questioned

"I apologize, the shift in the reset is a little disorienting. It'll be over soon though!" Mumei promised

"Okay, I trust you, but what's wrong with Calli?" I asked if she was all over me all of a sudden.

"That was her wish. She wanted to be a good girlfriend, someone you could pamper and rely on," Mumei said.

"Aww, that's cute!" I said happy I gently kissed Calli on the forehead.

"Don't worry, I will keep all the memories of the past in tact and keep all of the personalities the same for the most part," Mumei stated.

"Oh, so you'll change some people?" I said

"Yeah, for example, I will change Tenma. He will be the first one I deal with, so we don't have to erase him from the world," Mumei explained.

"That's fine." I said I still had a major headache.

"My head hurts..." I groaned.

Mumei ran over and hugged me. "Don't worry, it's only temporary, I promise," she said softly.

"I will believe you..." I mumbled. I could feel my pain slowly disappear. "Mumei, it's all better!" "I said in shock."

"There we go, so what was your wish?" Mumei asked happily.

"A world where we were actually sisters," I said.

"You didn't need to do that. You will always be my sister." Mumei said quietly.

I said, "I know, but I just really wanted it. I never had a family, so I want to know what it feels like."

Mumei looked at me and smiled, "It's fine, I'm happy you made this wish." She told me softly

I knew she meant it. She genuinely cared for me I was pleased that she and the others made me feel needed; Mumei, Reine, Subaru, and Lui-nee had never pushed me away; they were always by my side.

They all embraced me, testing me like family I saw them as family as well. It made me happy to finally have a home with them Calli also made me feel like I had a home. I was happy that I made up with her.

"Are you okay, Mumei?" I asked. I looked around as she and everyone else in the council and Irys suddenly collapsed.

"We are just exhausted," Mumei stated, standing back up "Get up!" She yelled

"Sorry Mumei," Fauna panted, immediately getting back to work.

"I'll do better," Kronii said.

"Meimei "I'll get back to work," Sana cheerfully stated.

"Irys!" Mumei shouted.

"Sorry!" Irys said she slapped her own face to get back into the zone.

"You seem to be overworking them," I said.

"It's actually the opposite," Fauna said, panting a bit.

I looked at Mumei. She looked completely drained, like all her energy was completely used up. I didn't understand why she seemed to be doing the least amount of work.

"She's the conduite for this," Kronii said.

"Her pain must be awful compared to ours!" Sana yelled.

"Yeah, this is nothing. She is in physical pain." Irys said.

I couldn't believe Mumei was hurting herself just to make a better world for us all. I really didn't know what to say. She was really a kind soul.

"Mumei, stop this!" Bae screamed.

"No not now...." She growled, wincing in pain.

"You'll kill everyone!" Bae shouted

"No, she is the one that is going to die." "I said in shock."

"What?" Bae said in confusion.

"She is taking the full brunt of the power..." Calli explained.

I ran up to Mumei and hugged her, letting some of the energy flow into me. "I won't let you carry this burden alone!" I yelled

"Kiara... thank you," Mumei said, smiling softly, sharing the power equally.

We were finally done. We just had to wait for the energy to spread out through the universe. That would only be a matter of moments Bae didn't seem too happy about that whatsoever

"You are crazy Mumei!" Bae shouted she suddenly went into a trance snapping out of it suddenly

"No I won't fall for this I won't change..." Bae said

"Come on Babe..." Irys said looking at her somberly

"No..." Bae growled "I refuse to live in a world like this..." She stated.

"Why because it is perfect and there will be no chaos?" Mumei asked. Bae nodded.

"Well, you have about ten minutes or so..." Mumei said, mocking Bae

"I'll kick your ass and reverse this!" Bae yelled

"Be my guest..." Mumei said "Fauna, Kronii, do your thing," Mumei said.

The two of them jumped down and attacked Bae, who could barely dodge since she was weakened due to the lack of chaos. The more the reset spread, the less power Bae had.

"Don't kill her!" Mumei shouted Fauna and Kronii changed their tactic to capture instead of a full on assault.

"Meimei, what do you want us to do?" Sana asked.

"I want Irys to make Bae fall for this world," Mumei said.

"Got it..." Irys said, "I don't want to hurt her." Irys also stated

"That's fine, please don't hurt Bae." Mumei said Irys nodded.

I had to watch I was on Mumei's side but I didn't want to fight Bae since we were good friends. Time was ticking down and soon enough the perfect world would be made. I didn't want Bae to get in the way.

I saw her concerns, but I think she was overwhelmed by everything going on. Mumei wasn't going to hurt anyone, she was saving us all.

I would say only eight minutes were left Bae really didn't have long before it was too late to stop this. I knew she wasn't going to win, but for some reason I was rooting for both sides.