Painting the Picture

Iofi pov: Moona took me to the council and told me to look around, but I didn't really want to. I just wanted to talk to Risu for a bit until Moona and Pekora-senpai came back.

"So Risu, what have you been doing for a while?" I questioned

"I've been doing normal everyday things, spending time with Oga-senpai," she said.

I stirred the drink Moona gave me. For some reason, her spending time with Oga-senpai upset me.

"So are you and Oga-senpai a thing?" I asked.

"No, of course not." Risu said, taking a pause.

This was awkward I definitely shouldn't have brought Oga-senpai up. I'm trying to see if I have a chance with Risu and I brought him up.

I didn't want Risu to think I was jealous of anyone and I didn't want to be overbearing. I wanted her to think I was cool like in the past. I didn't want her to hate me. I really hoped she didn't hate me since I love her.

I don't know when I got feelings for her. Maybe it was when I was watching her long ago. I felt the same with Moona at one point. That's why I pushed her away. I'm confused and don't understand my feelings.

"Are you with anyone, Iofi?" Risu asked.

"N-no, I'm not..." I was shocked that she broke me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, I see," she said, smiling a bit.

Does she like me I questioned I wondered if I messed up when I kissed her cheek I didn't know if she was in love with me, so I may have messed up.

"You are cute," I said, noticing her blush.

"You are cute too," Risu said.

"I'm sorry for being an idiot," I said.

Don't mention it. By the way, have you been painting recently? " She questioned

"Yeah, I have been..." I said.

I didn't want her to know that I had been painting her and Moona a lot. The ones with Risu were sometimes more yabe than others. I couldn't help it.

"So how has the mystical forest been?" I said I didn't really look around after I crashed there.

"It's been fine. I mean, of course we are afraid of people finding it daily, but we have to ignore that possibility," Risu said.

The chances of an outsider finding it without any direction of where to go were unlikely. However, if someone searched for it long enough, I'm sure they could find it, so Tenma had a chance.

"How has space been?" Risu questioned

"Oh it's been alright, actually there is an unidentified object coming here soon," I said

"We should tell Moona that when she returns," Risu said I nodded in response.

"So Risu, do you like Moona by chance?" I asked.

"No, she's with Pekora-senpai. I respect that relationship." she said, laughing.

"Is there someone you do love?" I asked.

"Yes, there is!" She said chipperly

I was going to figure out who it was. I needed to know who it was for my sanity. Did I know it was me? I couldn't wait. I wanted to find out the answer sooner rather than later.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"You know her quite well," Risu said, hiding her face.

"I am in love with someone too. She is a rodent." I said, seemingly making her understand who I liked.

"Well, the woman I like isn't human," Risu said.

That really was an awful hint that ninety-nine percent of the people we know aren't human. We were all some sort of creature. None of us were normal.

"That hint sucks..." I said, understanding what she meant by it in the end.

"Okie-dokie, I'm back!" Moona said she had a little sippy cup and was drinking out of it. It was honestly cute.

"Moona, Iofi just told me some odd object is in orbit," Risu said.

"Don't worry about it, it's no threat. Sana has already confirmed it." Moona said, giving Pekora-senpai the cup to drink from after her

"So this Sana, is she strong?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course she is the embodiment of space after all!" Moona said happily.

"So do you think she needs one more servant?" I asked.

"The more the merrier, honestly!" Moona said, laughing a bit.

She was happy that I suddenly took an interest in the council. Then again, we'd be able to see each other daily if I joined the council. I was afraid of change though. What would happen if I joined the council and what would happen if I confessed to Risu?

The world could end because of my decision, and I didn't want that to happen. I didn't want to be the catalyst of some big disaster. I wanted to save the world.

"Iofi, you are worrying too much," Risu said.

I began to question how I looked. Was I sweating a lot? Is that how she found out I was worried about something? Did I make a disgusting face? I had too much to worry about since Risu was watching me.

"Here, maybe a nut will help you calm down," Risu said, handing me an acorn.

"Thank you!" I said, crunching into it.

"Wait, you are actually eating it?" Moona said in confusion.

I glared at her and she finally began to understand that I was in love.

"Pekora and I need to be somewhere actually, so I'll see you two later." Moona said she was getting up and getting ready to go, but I stopped her.

"Please stay and help me talk through this." I whispered into her ear. She nodded, sitting back down.

Risu was being oblivious but I knew she liked me. Now how do I confess to her that doesn't make me sound weird I wanted to tell her I loved her, but not in the way that sisters do.

Moona looked at me and smiled, mouthing the same advice I gave her. All I could do was ask and hope she'd say yes.