Prologue 2

3rd POV

??? Time and location.

" Speak up goddammit ! "

Slam

In a facility somewhere in Tokyo, a loud and powerful slam echoed inside one of it's rooms. The perpetrator was an angry looking man in the middle of his thirties, in front of a-

" I have nothing to fess up, I am innocent " A calm and monotonous voice countered the angry shouts, making the man even more irate. 

" Innocent ? If you are innocent then how do you explain this ?! " The angry man tapped on his phone, playing an audio file.

'It must feels nice to have a girlfriend right ? That is something the White Room couldn't provide'

'You are my Property Kiyotaka ! You do as i say and OBEY'

' You see, he's no longer alive '

'No, It is your Responsibility, Because of you Kiyotaka isn't obeying me, Because of your selfishness more people are gonna suffer the same fate as Matsuo and his son'

'This school doesn't fit you Kiyotaka. Someone like your Caliber doesn't deserve to be lumped with low-life morons, There is my Chauffeur just outside the school, He would take us straight back home, the White Room, Where you belong'

The man cut the audio short and glared at the middle aged man in front of him. Who's expression remained the same

" This is fake. " 

" You're still claiming that again ? We all know that you're lying SO WHY DON'T YOU JUST CONFESS ALREAD- "

" Please calm down Arakaki-san, shouting wouldn't do us any good. " The angry man named Arakaki was grabbed by his seatmate by the shoulder as to calm him down. Arakaki obediently stopped and sat back " We humbly apologize for the inconvenience, Professor Ayanokouji. I know for someone like you you must be pretty busy and we are just a hindrance. No, It's more like unnecessary hindrance, since in reality we all believe in your innocence. "

Despite what his seatmate said, Arakaki surprisingly sat silently glaring at the man in front of him. Professor Ayanokouji took note of that with a quick eye then spoke up

" Good. If that's the case then why aren't you releasing me yet ? "

" That won't do Professor Ayanokouji "

" Huh ? What do you mean ? " He slightly shouted, seemingly in annoyance. However, the person slightly chuckled and stared straight at Professor's eyes

" While we believe in your complete innocence. There is just small matters we cannot ignore, Professor. " The professor furrowed his eyebrows, requesting elaboration. To which the investigator happily complied " Basically, stuff like the strange events that occurred in the Matsuo's family that led to two people's death. We do not have complete information about the situation. However, since one of them was your employee, you must at least know something.....

" Right ? "

With a seemingly harmless smile. The investigator crawled up like a cobra and grabbed a hold of Professor Ayanokouji, putting him in a corner. There was basically no other response than to make another excuse

Behind the soundproof wall :

" Ahahahahahahahahaha Sweet talking him to trap him, you're so cruel Hashimaro~ hahahahahahaha " A beautiful blonde woman in military suit clutched her stomach from laughter, while observing the investigations through the one way glass. " Look at that face, he's definitely cornered~ "

" Yep, seems that the plan is working well " The person beside her agreed, which happens to be the lead detective of this case. " In reality, nobody is believing the bullshit he's coming up with. And they are just playing good and bad cops "

" Damn~ such a simple strategy he fell for~ I guess even men like him crumble after daily pressure huh~? Fufu, how uncool~ " The blonde woman gave a thumb down with a small boo, indicating her disappointment. " By the way, you haven't managed to get anything out of him for like..... a long while~ how come you're still running with no trouble~? "

Professor Ayanokouji has been in confinement for around 3 months, with little to none freedom whatsoever, getting questioned and pressured on regular basis with little to none gain. He is an important figure in the Japanese government, so for him to be absent for a long while is surely abnormal.

" There is just too much weird and shady stuff flying around Mr. Ayanokouji that drew the higher-ups's attention, but they couldn't find some decisive evidence and opted to observe. " The lead detective continued. " However, that was before my comrade Sakayanagi entrusted me with this case and gave me some evidence alongside his testimony "

" I see " The woman mumbled. 

" This recording just solved and created more questions for us. Questions like : Where was Ayanokouji Kiyotaka before he joined the Advanced nurturing high school. " The lead detective pulled a keyboard and started typing " From his records, he has only been to America once during the age of 8. However, he never appeared before or after that. He didn't attend any schools nor he was spotted on one of Mr. Ayanokouji's mansions. So if this white room thing exists, it would explain many things. "

Not only does this white room theory that Chairman Sakayanagi provided solves this, but it also provides solutions to many more theories in different fields. 

However, even with this much evidence, taking down Mr. Ayanokouji is still far. The man has too strong of an influence to get detached this easily, they need to present the higher ups with something decisive in order for them to act.

" Man~ Arakaki is doing a better job than expected acting as the bad cop~ his anger and lashes look too real, maybe we shoul- "

" No, they are real "

" Huh ? " The blonde woman emitted a sound of confusion and instinctively looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

" Arakaki suspects Mr. Ayanokouji for the murder of his sister, he took the bad cop job because he knew that he cannot stay calm like he usually does. " The lead detective elaborated. " Although he's letting his emotions take the control of him, it's working for our favor. "

" I see I see " The blonde general sighed in small pity, while looking through the glass towards the investigation table. " If you don't mind me asking, when did his sister die ? "

The detective typed some stuff on his computer to get access to the database, he opened a file and displayed it to the general.

" Basically, it was 2 years ago... "