V2 Chap 4 : Relationships

K : [ So, what subject did you choose ? ]

H : [ I will not accept until your cheating suspicions are cleared ]

K : [ Come on, if I did cheat, I wouldn't be talking to you right now ]

H : [I decline]

K : [ Listen, I don't want to hear any objections. I have the recording of our deal and it's a simple one-click delivery ]

H : [ Alright stop. I'll hear you out. But I won't do it until all the suspicions are cleared ]

K : [ Fair enough.]

I sent one last text before shutting my phone off and stuffing it back into my pocket, as I calmly made my way through the serene hallways of the school's building, heading towards the entrance, where most of my friends were waiting for me.

My encounter with Ryuuen and Sakayanagi ended a few seconds before my talk with Horikita, which resulted in us stalling our deal for an indefinite amount of time. However, I highly doubt it'll take long given that the school is already on the move. Since they haven't contacted me, it's safe to assume they haven't found anything meaningful. which only works in my favor since this suspense would only help Horikita's dread grow even further.

"There you are, Ayanokouji-kun !" Shibata was the first person to see me approach the lobby among everyone else who was waiting there. His greeting prompted them to look in my direction and smile, including Shibata, as I landed in front of their faces.

"Sorry to keep you waiting guys"

"Nah it's coooool~ We didn't wait for long~" Amikura brushed off my apology with a dismissive wave before leaping forward, grabbing Shibata's hand, and strongly pulling him close towards her. "Now that you're here, let's get going~!"

Amikura enthusiastically announced and moved forward, taking the lead and only concentrating only on what's in front of her, not caring about the poor Shibata who's being forcefully taken away. My classmates shared wholesome chuckles before lagging behind her with similar spirits. Honami walked in front of me and extended her hand, which I gladly accepted, entwining both our fingers, as I smiled back at her.

With us side by side, we trotted forward and caught up with our classmates before joining them in their chat. Just when we arrived, Honami suddenly chuckled before meeting my eyes and squinting her blue orbs while smiling even more warmly.

"So, what are you planning to do with the dorm room, Honami-chan ?" Amikura suddenly posed a question and addressed it to Honami, while looking back expectantly at the both of us.

"Heh, they are going to sleep in it of course. What else would they- Oww"

"Shut up, I wasn't talking about that." She instantly looked at Shibata and punched him in the guts, causing him to choke on his words before looking back and sizing us again. I slightly huffed from the amount of strength she used as I paid my respects to Shibata. However, he looked like he slightly enjoyed it. "From the pictures Sensei showed us, the room looks pretty bland, devoid of any furniture. So I was thinking you might have some plans to furnish it"

The room was an open space, slightly smaller than the double size of the regular dorm rooms, according to the pictures. Nevertheless, it was spacious with a lot of customizable features. I could even move out my gym utensils there and still have a lot more space to work with. You would never get the sense of claustrophobia or any need to get rid of stuff to create space, since it was perfectly designed against it.

"I'm not sure yet~ but I have thought of some ideas and combos I'd like to try out." Honami replied to them in an honest and gentle tone, after breaking away from my gaze.