V1 Chap 7 : Nanase Tsubasa

" Matsuo-san ? "

I looked up towards the middle aged man, who has recently strolled inside the kitchen while I was eating my breakfast. He had a ruffled long black hair and narrow dark brown eyes, wearing a formal black uniform with a joyful smile. It was none other than my personal caretaker Matsuo

" What happened ? You look happy today. "

" Aren't I always happy Kiyotaka-kun ? " Matsuo spread his arms while looking at me, with a bright and excited expression plastered on his face.

" That's not what I meant " I shook my head and replied monotonously. " I meant that you look extra elated today, did something happen ? "

" I just received the news about Eiichiro's admission to his favorite high school ! He's finally going to school ! Same as you Kiyotaka-kun "

" Oh.. "

It was around 1 month away from the entrance ceremony, when I woke up finding Matsuo-san to be brimming with joy. It wasn't going to be anything unusual. However, the only time I saw him like this was when my admission to the advanced nurturing high school got accepted, so something must have really happened for him to be this elated.

" Congratulations to both of you and your son Matsuo-san " Despite my monotonous voice, I tried my best to congratulate him with a small thin smile on my face, it wasn't forced, but not fully genuine either.

" Thank you Kiyotaka-kun, I hope the both of you would enjoy your high school lives to the fullest " Contrary to mine, Matsuo-san gave me a wide and genuine smile, before turning around to wash the dishes. " This calls for a small celebration don't you think ? "

" Hmm " It completely slipped my mind that humans tend to celebrate on every small occasion, whether it's publicly or not in order to boost their happiness and feel better about their achievement. This is some big news for Matsuo-san, so it's understandable why he wants to celebrate it. " I guess. "

" Since I cannot go and visit him because of my work, I'll probably have to send him a gift " Mused Matsuo, thinking loudly while washing the dishes. " He'll accept anything I give him because he is a good boy. But I want it to be something special, because he worked hard for this. "

Matsuo has been sharing with me some of his stories with his son since the moment I landed in this mansion. From what we have talked, he seems to be a pretty hard working individual with a lot of charisma and determination, pretty much like a mini version of Matsuo-san

Their bond as a family is pretty strong, since the both of them are the only ones left after Eiichiro's mother passed away, his love and respect for his father is unbeaten, which is also reciprocated by Matsuo-san. Unfortunately, the latter's work makes it hard for them to meet each other, unless for certain rare occasions.

" Say Kiyotaka-kun, what should I gift him ? "

" Hmm ? " I was snapped out of my thoughts by Matsuo-san who called out to me after he was done cleaning the dishes, and now staring at me while drying his hands.

" Think of something I should give to Eiichiro as a gift for this special occasion. Something he would appreciate " He elaborated, with a curious smile on his face.

Matsuo-san has been giving me a lot of questions like these during our time together as a quiz in order to merge me more into social life and give me a glimpse of what it looks like. So I immediately took up to his challenge and nodded

Something Eiichiro would appreciate ? Well, he is the type who's always grateful for what he has, so anything specific wouldn't matter. However, I think he'll specifically be grateful to-