Vol 3 Chap 2

"...It's so hot out here."

While boarding the ship and waiting for our turn, Honami huffed.

Making students wait in high heat didn't seem like a good move.

However, nothing could be done about it.

"Why couldn't they give us the watches and tablets and then release us all together? This is making me annoyed..."

From a student perspective, this probably seems like the optimal way. However, from an administrative perspective, I can see the risks attached to this approach.

For example, a student might find a way to tamper with equipment to his advantage, which the school wants to prevent. But if anything, this tells me that they have no way of detecting if the equipment is tampered with during use.

This probably goes for defective functions too.

Honami seemed to be only venting her frustrations and not genuinely asking questions, so I didn't omit that out loud.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself." At that, she turned to me with a glare.

"How do you even get that impression?... You know what? I'm not gonna ask."

"But you already did."

"I take it back."

"No taking back."

"I'll take you back and kill you."

"And...?"

"...And?..." She fumbled on her words and then puffed her cheeks. "Dunno... probably kiss you."

"Now you can't take that back."

"I never intended to."

Her mood had gotten better, and now she was smiling.

"You two talk about the most useless things." From the side overhearing us, Kanzaki said to us while approaching us with Amikura by his side. "Your turn is about to come; get ready."

"HaiHai~!" She twirled and gave a salute before dropping her hand to her mouth and giggling.

Despite what it seems, this was mostly an act from Honami to cheer her classmates up. By appearing extra cheerful and bubbly, it would instill a sense of ease in our classmates and make them think that 'maybe this isn't so bad after all'.

Our class isn't in particularly bad shape, so this morale boost will likely be a long-term one.

Again, she managed to ensure optimal performance by massaging everyone's anxiety and taking care of it. That's what I call a power move.

I heard my name being called in the distance, so I walked toward the teachers to get my gadgets.

Honami followed closely behind. Despite not being called, they have given her equipment too.

They don't seem to mind this, as long as we follow the class distribution rule.

"So, what area were you assigned to?" Honami asked while we booted our tablets.

The time was a little past nine, so the first area distribution was already done.

"D6, what about you?"

"Oh, I was assigned to F8." We'll be that far, huh? "Looks like you have a long walk ahead of you. I won't take more of your time."

Catching up with the first-years, who were given a head start, isn't that arduous. However, my mind wasn't wondering about that at the moment.