Vol 2 Chap 8.75: Ichika vs Honami

Amasawa ichika's POV

If I may, I would like to pose an interesting question:

What would you do if your rival seized your prey like a hostage within a castle?

Imagine with me the following scenario: You're standing far away from an enemy castle, on your base. There is a considerable distance between you two, and you're exchanging glares with their leader.

You cannot come any closer since constant surveillance surrounds you. You also cannot flee, since you must retrieve the hostage they've taken.

So what would you do?

Raid it?

The first thing that comes to mind is this relatively simple and direct strategy. It heavily depends on your manpower and whether you can beat your opponent despite the strategic disadvantage, so you'd need magical work with your timing.

It works pretty fine. However, it is out of the question, as your strength is insufficient to overpower the gate's security. That calls for a different strategy, therefore.

Negotiate with the opponent?

Certainly! There is a motive behind their leader's continual surveillance of you; he or she is upset that you are here! As a result, many negotiation options are now available, including potential psychological assaults.

Additionally, they have been trying to be friendly toward you, so you know they'd get persuaded easily.

However, it isn't that simple.

That person is latching onto your prey like a magnum, clinging to him as if their lives depended on it, and remaining close by at all times, just like an overprotective girlfriend.

In which case, it is very true hehe~

"You're really planning on staying here, aren't you?" That sweet, serious, and antagonistic voice came from the strawberry woman situated right at the end of the bed, with her arms crossed and scrutinizing me with a glare while sitting on top of a certain somebody's lap, seizing his control and obscuring his attention.

Please don't be ridiculous; she thinks she is doing something, but I can tell. That jerk is more than happy; he actually likes all of this.

As if unironically supporting my notion, Ayanokouji-senpai's head poked through Ichinose-senpai's shoulder as he sneakily observed this contact unfold with discerning amusement on his apathetic face.

He is really very annoying; He has never spoken a single word ever since I offered him a threesome, and left me to duke it out with his angry girlfriend, all while spectating with novelty in his eyes. Who taught him to ghost a woman's feelings in such a way?!

"So are you gonna talk or not?"

Here she goes.

"Wellllll..." I rolled on top of the bed and trailed off pensively, and Ichinose-senpai's brows rose optimistically, to which I quickly donned a smirk. "Nope."

Her face was momentarily crestfallen before she adopted an even angrier expression, which spilled a glee within me.

"Alright, both of you, calm down." Before she could do anything, Ayanokouji-senpai finally intervened and patted her head, resulting in her pivoting back at him with a curious look. He calmly moved out from below her lap and exclaimed while looking at her. "I never knew you could treat a guest this horribly."

"Wha–?! Kiyotaka! She came here meaning harm! How do you expect me to keep my cool?!" Ichinose-senpai yelled out defensively, with a betrayed look on her face. Ayanokouji-senpai however, smiled thinly.