Vol 1 Chap 4 : The meet and Greet

" Kiyotaka~! " Standing in front of the Class's doorway, Honami quickly approached me as soon as I sprung into her sight with a small dazzling smile. Her dim searching eyes a moment ago instantly started gleaming as she snapped out of her distressed state.

Her hands slightly rose up when we were in an approximate distance. However, she quickly put them back with a small awkward sigh. I immediately took note of this and took a step forward while raising my own hands and giving her a hug.

" Sorry to keep you waiting Honami, I'm back " I softly spoke while gently rubbing both of my on her back, caressing her as I slightly tilted my head to lean on her. She stood stiff for a moment before reciprocating my hug too, allowing me to hold her on my embrace.

I was well aware of the fact that my decision to leave and go out with Amasawa would leave her stressed out. Nevertheless, it had to be done. Honami didn't want to make herself look desperate by giving me a hug, so I stepped out and gave her my own.

" Nah~ It's okay Kiyotaka, don't apologize~ " Honami's uneasiness completely vanished as she completely relaxed on my arms and held me more tightly, while speaking in a warm comforting tone. We stayed connected for a while, enjoying each other's embrace before quickly separating and standing close. " But don't leave me out for a while~ I almost got kidnapped~ "

" I se- Wait what ? " I was about to let go of her until she uttered those words and my expression slightly dimmed with seriousness. However, I noticed how her pout started puffing even more, as if trying to overwhelm her smile. At this, my face dropped into a dead look as a chuckle escaped her mouth.

She was about to speak. However, her eyes instinctively darted towards the side and immediately cut herself off. Her delighted and joyful expression slowly morphed into an unreadable one as she stared at the little devil creeping up

" Fufufu~ That wasn't a very nice reaction~ Ho~na~mi~sen~pai~! " Amasawa with a small grin emerged from my side, her grin widened into her devilish one as she joined a staring competition with Honami who wasn't happy at all upon seeing her.

" Kiyotaka, what is she doing here ? " Honami's asked me without taking her eyes off Amasawa and observed her with a calculative gaze. I was about to speak but immediately got cut off by the latter.

" Can't I go for a walk with my favorite Senpai~? " Amasawa frowned. Questioning like a child who got oppressed from having their favorite toys.

" No, you are a menace " Honami hissed, with an antagonizing gleam on her eyes. To which Amasawa smirked at

" We didn't really go for a walk " I intervened. Stopping both of them from going further and gathering their gazes " We just discussed the conditions of our partnership "

" So she is your partner ? " I nodded. " I see... "

Honami's expression softened as a smile crept back into her face, she smiled at me before shifting her eyes towards Amasawa and smiling at her too.

" Thank you for accepting Kiyotaka as your partner in this exam, Amasawa-san " Honami bowed lightly, showing her gratitude towards Amasawa

" Don't worry Ichinose-senpai~ " Amasawa smiled back at Honami while waving her hands off in front of her. Honami's smile widened a little, and so did Amasawa. " I have paid Kiyotaka-senpai~ Properly for this~ so there is no need to thank me~ "

She darted her eyes and winked at me, with a flirtatious smug on her face. By the time she did this, Honami's face has already dropped as she started emitting a very ominous aura. She shifted her eyes towards me as well to which I responded with a head shake, falsifying the small misunderstanding Amasawa caused.