Vol 1 Chap 2 : Partnering exam

It's been one week since our return to school and the entrance ceremony, and now, it was Monday April 8th, the start of the second week of my first month as a second-year high school student.

It was also the second week of my battle against the hidden white room enforcer. I haven't really done anything major during this period of time and remained passive for the most of it, they seemingly adapted a similar approach, rending our battle as stalemate.

However, apparently, it is about to get broken.

" Sit down Class~ " Just as the morning bell rang, Chie-sensei carrying a tablet in her hand strolled inside of the Classroom with a small vibrant smile on her face. Her unusual commanding tone sent hidden signals we knew too well, and mentally prepared for what's coming ahead. " Your midterms are coming up by the end of this month, and they would be an indispensable part of your newest upcoming special exam. So listen closely~ "

Chie-sensei tapped on her tablet and the screen flashed up as well as our tablets. I haven't used my tablet aside from reading Manga and Light Novels so it took me longer than the average student to get through with the documents. However, I eventually gotten with it and memorized the process more clearly

It isn't very bad, I have managed to find the perfect angle to hide the tablet from the cameras while making it appear as natural as possible. It may be a little exposed to the Teachers however, I have worked up some excuses in the unlikely case they try to sabotage me.

Can you blame me ? I literally memorized those lessons like the back of my hand and extra. So I'm actually utilizing my time in something more useful than repeating school.

" Your exam's name is the partnering exam. It is an exam where both the first-years and second-years partner up for a written test. This exam's nature is to test out your academical skills obviously, as well as your communication skills " Chie-sensei with a serious and elaborative tone began her explanation. She turned and used the screen to further her explanation " You will have two weeks to select your partners, starting from today until the 22nd where you'll be taking on the midterms. Both of you and your partner's combined scores has to reach a certain threshold, if not then you'll be subjected to punishments. "

" Sensei ? Isn't that similar to paper shuffle ? " Yousuke formally rose his hand and inquired.

" Yes Hirata-kun, it is similar to the exam you took on the second semester of your last year. However~ there is key differences. " Chie-sensei nodded before pointing out towards the board. " For instance, you wouldn't take a test to determine your partners but instead, you'll have to convince a first-year to partner up with you and send an invitation for them through the OAA app. If they happen to not accept, your application will reset in 24 hours and if they do accept, it would be finalized and you cannot change partners unless for very extenuating circumstances. "

Just as Sensei explained, this exam follows the same criteria as paper shuffle with major differences. Both of you and your partner's combined scores has to reach a certain threshold, unlike paper shuffle where you'll have to meet two conditions to pass. The general pairing method is also different, instead of taking a test and getting partners at random, you will be given the option to select your own partner

This is where your communication skills would come into play. Someone who can easily talk to strangers and make friends would have an easier time getting access to a partner than someone who can't.

" Keep in mind that once the partnership has been finalized, the information would be displayed on the OAA app would be updated at 8 AM next morning and no further applications would be accepted for both parties. Additionally, the details about the person you've partnered wouldn't be shown and kept anonymous. "