V2 Chap 8 : Moving out... (Gone Wrong)

Kiyotaka POV

It's been a couple of days since my meeting with Horikita, and now, things have noticeably quieted down in comparison to the afore two days.

The attention has temporarily shifted from me to the aforementioned person, as they are currently standing in the epicenter beside me. The news of her transfer to Ryuuen's class and the announcement of her cooperation with him spread like wildfire, slowly eating my fame while massively contributing to hers. It was a very beneficial exchange since the number of people talking about me measly decreased.

However, that didn't stop the forums from throwing conjectural theories around and somehow linking me to her in entirely absurd ways that were far from my true purpose. Luckily, no one seems to be genuinely convinced of my involvement. Save for a few exceptional people who are especially close to me.

A new month has wrapped up in the calendar, which hopefully means a start to a relatively peaceful and conflict-free May. This month couldn't help but contain a "calm before the storm" vibe, so everyone sincerely wishes for a soothing calm to take place, to prepare for the next month's colossal.

The school has handsomely rewarded us for our patience and for surviving another month here, most of which was already deposited in the class's bank. The class points have already been reflected in the results of our most recent special exam.

Class A : 1974 C.P (+10)

Class B : 1404 C.P (+75)

Class C : 385 C.P (+50)

Class D : 0 C.P (+0)

Our third-place placement only managed to award us 10 class points. However, it was far better than earning nothing and letting the competition close down even more. There was still a massive gap between our class and Sakayanagi's, so nobody dwelled on that.

Currently, Honami and I are moving baggage out of her room as we prepare to evacuate and move out.

A couple of short days ago, I received a notice from Amikura informing me of the completion of our new room's furnishing and sending me the receipt. My face paled slightly at the hefty sum of hundreds of thousands of points. But on the contrary, she didn't hold back and brought everything needed for a complete room, all of high quality. So I didn't mind the cost and paid her extra for the hard work, as well as her comrades.

And today, we were supposed to check it out and move in. But along the way, we met a surprising yet solicitous helping hand.

"You know, you didn't have to come all the way here to help us, Nanase-san," Honami stated her concerns as she folded the shirt and neatly placed it inside the bag. "There won't be much more luggage than this, and we're capable of lugging it on our own. So there is no need for you to trouble yourself."

"Oh, that's fine. It's no trouble if it's for Senpai. I want to be of help." Nanase responded kindly, following up with Honami and placing another folded shirt.

"You don't have to force yourself if you don't want to be here, Nanase-san. We understand if you have some more important stuff to do." Honami persisted.

"If I had something I needed to get done, I wouldn't have offered to help, Ichinose-senpai. It's alright! I'm free at the moment." Nanase explained with the same tender tone, effectively shutting down Honami's protests for the time being. They both teamed up to vacate the locker and all drawers across the room.

As for myself, I silently emptied the fridge while listening to their occasional bickering, which mild amusement spread across my face. Honami has been continuously trying to push Nanase out as subtly as possible ever since she sprouted into our flow, which didn't make her happy at all. She was rather in a chipper mood this morning, and she didn't want to deal with someone like Nanase, who could potentially ruin this great day.