V1 Chap 8 : A Helping Hand.

??? POV

??? Time and Location.

" Eh ? " As soon as I heard the words come out, I instinctively shifted my head and exclaimed. Staring intensely at the man sitting at the desk, with shock written on top of my face. " Are you serious ? "

" Do I look like I'm joking to you ? " The acting director shifted his eyes off the screen and glared at me, with a serious and frightening gleam in his eyes. He didn't look joking at all

" No. But- " I was cut off.

" No buts, Takuya. I have already told you what I have. " The Acting director glanced at his watch, before looking back. " If you have any questions it's your job to figure it out, I'm only here to provide you information. Now leave before anybody sees you "

Just when he uttered that command, I took a moment to organize my thoughts before nodding and taking my leave. As soon as I closed the door I scanned my surroundings, before aimlessly strolling, pretending to be passing by.

What in the hell ?!

I felt my face slightly contort in confusion, as I was walking past the corridors. I immediately straightened it up while I was immersed deeply into my thoughts.

How did he trust her so easily ?!

Ayanokouji-senpai has just accepted Ichika's partnership request, confirming their pair for the upcoming special exam. Tsukishiro has just relayed this to me, and now I'm left flabbergasted by it.

How ? Did he go crazy ? Did he decide to trust her on a whim ?

It wasn't outside my realm of expectations that Ayanokouji-senpai would accept Ichika as his ally, since she is siding with neither of us. However, I didn't expect it to be this fast.

She must have told him that she is a white room student, that is sent to expel him. Yet he decided to put his faith in her hands anyway..... Why ?

Did he actually go crazy ? He knows he shouldn't trust her, yet he did.

No, that doesn't sound right. He must have something, something lying underneath.

If he is the same person they talked about, then this must be the case, some type of insurance in case Ichika betrays him.

A Trap hidden behind what seems to be a foolish move, a clever trick that sounds exactly like how they have described him, and it's the most likely case.

I heaved a sigh as I drew towards a conclusion, getting more relaxed before joining in the populated areas. I'm still not sure on which type of insurance he has, but it is something I'll have to discover later on.

Hmm... What if he is manipulating me into thinking this way ?

I abruptly stopped and started considering the sudden idea crossing my mind. However, I immediately heaved another tiresome sigh

This is very troublesome

Kiyo POV

" Ayanokouji-kun~! "

Amidst the loud bustling of the cafeteria, a voice reached out to my ears and called, causing me to abruptly stop my search and look towards them, to find Matsushita sitting at a table and waving at me, trying to catch my attention. I immediately redirected my heels and started walking towards her, with a wrapped lunch box on top of my hands.