V1 Chap 9 : Results

Sunday 21st of April

7:42 PM

Kiyo POV

" Good~ that is correct ! "

Honami pressed on her pen and put a check mark next to the answer in the answer sheet, marking it as correct. Before shifting her gaze below and started examining the next answer.

" Is this even necessary ? " I grumbled, while observing her do the correction.

" Why yes ! We need you to be prepared for the exam Kiyo ! " Honami looked up from the answer sheet and grinned, causing me to roll my eyes with a small exasperated huff.

Today is the final day of the two weeks of preparation, the last day before the special exam. When me and Honami were having one of our usual study sessions during the dusk of the evening.

However, instead of me tutoring her. She was the one who was tutoring me

" Great~! You managed to solve the equation perfectly again ! " Honami announced excitedly, after finishing up her correction. She instantly picked up her phone again and started searching for more university level questions, with a big grin on her face.

" Honami, this is just a waste of time. " I grumbled again, trying to convince her. However..

" This isn't a waste of time Kiyotaka~ I'm simply preparing you so you can score 100s on each exam~! " Honami playfully threw my statements back at me, with an amused grin on her face.

" Honami, I don't need preparations to achieve that. " I reminded.

" Yes, but I simply want to make sure. " She replied. However, the lies on her statement were pretty evident, thanks to her amused grin. Under the guise of 'preparing' she is secretly tormenting me with studying over what happened 4 days ago.

This woman's jealousy knows no bounds, ever since the Matsushita meeting, she has been looking for chances to get back at me for what I said during the meeting, and also afterwards. She found her opportunity this time and proposed to tutor me, while I could have easily refused, I simply wanted her to feel the satisfaction she desired for the past couple of days.

" Right~ I found this question, now get to work ! "

" Hai "

It has been like this for a few hours now, ever since Honami came back from the student council room, she only focused on 'tutoring' me to the point where she even forgot to change from her school uniform. It was the weekend, but she had some stuff to get over with.

However, I wasn't as displeased as I appeared to be. In fact, I found it quite cute seeing her enjoy her first victory, for a pretty long while.

" I'm done, Honami-sensei. " Few seconds later, I finished with the solving and handed back my answer sheet.

" Hehe~ " She chuckled at the small nickname before starting to compare answers through her phone. " Damn~ you managed to solve it perfectly again. "

" Yeah ? What a surprise. " I deadpanned.

" What a surprise indeed~ " Honami deadpanned, staring at me with a small grin brimming with sarcasm. " It seems that you really are a genius Kiyotaka, one that can solve anything with no problems. Are you perhaps an omniscient being ? "

" Who knows. " I responded vaguely while staring back at her gaze with a challenging smug of my own. Pun intended, Honami.

" Hmm~ " Honami started tapping her lips using her pen and stared at the ceiling, seemingly deep in thought with an amused smile. Her gaze enthusiastically darted around the ceiling looking for ideas, before it finally landed back on me then the paper. " Right~ let's see if you can solve this one. "