V2 Chap 7 : One step closer..

Separating from Chie, I picked up the pace towards my next and final appointment of the day. The clock is a couple of short minutes away from passing six, and the meeting is slated for 30 minutes after that point.

It's a good thing that I foresaw the possibility of Chie-sensei following me around and freed a lot of time before the schedule. It seems that even turning off the GPS function doesn't really hide your whereabouts from the staff. With over 30 minutes left, I decided to stop by the Western cafe, a well-known and typically calm cafe to relax.

As I expected, it was stacked with students across all year levels, making use of this place's excellent amenities. Fortunately, I managed to secure a lone table shortly after I arrived and got my orders. A single cup of coffee and a book, and a soak in the silence.

Despite the vast number of people present, everyone at least made an attempt to preserve each other's tranquility—save for some unavoidable noises—and enjoy the mood together. However, that didn't stop people from continuously staring at me though, the moment I set my feet inside.

I wasn't particularly surprised by this. In fact, I was prepared. I figured that nobody would dare to approach me in a place like this, since doing so would violate the moral code and taboo of this place.

Or so, that's what I thought

"Oh. Good afternoon, Ayanokouji-senpai !" Rudely violating the stigma, moral codes, taboos, laws of physics, and my expectations, someone had actually marched up and called out to me. I lifted my eyes off the book to meet their gaze, only for my small annoyance to quickly diminish.

"Oh. Hello Yagami." Standing beside my table was Yagami Takuya, carrying a small tray of food in his hands and donning a lively smile that grew a little wider in surprise when I welcomed him.

"Ooh? It actually made me quite happy that you remembered my name, Senpai. I was worried for a second here. "

"Don't worry, you're a particularly hard guy to forget." I shut off my book and gave him my undivided attention. "Is there something you want from me?"

I set my book on the table and addressed him with a question, closely peering back at his eyes. However, he ended up facing me with a small bitter smile.

"Do you mind if I sit with you, Senpai?" Yagami requested before looking around. "There aren't any open tables around, and I'm not acquainted with anyone here aside from you. Of course, if it's not okay, I could-"

"No, that's fine." I cut through him.

"Thank you, senpai !" Yagami smiled happily before setting his tray on the table and getting seated right in front of me. While reopening my book, I took a quick glance at the contents of his plate. He had a slice of pumpkin pie and a cup of apple juice. "I should have asked this, senpai. Are you perhaps waiting to meet someone? "

He asked out of courtesy and drew a concerned gaze towards me. Maybe he thought I was meeting Honami?

"No I'm alone." I quickly shut down his worries.

"That's a rare one." Yagami remarked, his smile returning back. "Senpai is like a celebrity right now. I never imagined I could meet you alone."

"I had something important to do, now I'm relaxing."

"Ooooo~ Does it perhaps include having a secret affair with another woman?" I looked up from my book and gave him a dead expression as he donned a mischievous smug. That only intensified once he noticed my look.

"No." I frowned and took a sip of my coffee as a small idea crossed my head. "However, suppose I did have one."

"Hmm?" Yagami hummed perplexedly. "Suppose you had one?"