V2 Chap 1 : The Threat

Kiyo POV

The whole Class peered through the silence, still under the effects of the results earlier, as a refined young lady briskly walked her way through the door and stood in front of the podium, brilliantly smiling at us, not minding the scrutiny.

" Matsushita-san ? "

" Hmm~? "

Some of my classmates seemed confused as to who the brunette was. However, as soon as they heard Yousuke's confused mutter, they immediately recognized her and got even more confused.

" Wait Chiaki-chan, what are you doing here ? " Ando, one of Matsushita's close acquaintances, emitted out bewilderingly. However, Matsushita only spared her a brief glance, still smiling, before looking back at everyone again, seemingly ignoring her for the time being.

" Alright everyone calm down~ " Chie-sensei clapped her hands with a smile, trying to dissipate the bewilderment within the atmosphere and attract everyone's attention back at her. All of my classmates obeyed with small hesitations, still disturbed by the current chain of events. " Now you may introduce yourself, Chiaki-chan~ "

Chie-sensei, with a smile, turned towards Matsushita and gave her the green light, while calling her by her first name. Matsushita's smile widened as she reciprocated Chie with a nod, before turning to face all of us again.

" My name is Matsushita Chiaki, and starting from today, I'm gonna be your new classmate. It's a pleasure meeting you all~ " Matsushita elegantly introduced herself with an elated tone, holding both of her hands in front of her, posturing her dignity. " Some of you may know me when I used to be in Class D, but now that we are Classmates, I hope you take care of me~ "

With those final words, Matsushita dropped her head, bowing to everyone as a conclusion to her introduction. The Class enveloped in temporary silence, before everyone started emitting their own reactions.

Some looked happy and elated, joyfully staring at Matsushita with brimming eyes, while the others were still confused, failing to process what's going on. Some even looked at me with questioning gazes, seemingly trying to connect the dots. However....

" The pleasure goes both ways Chiaki-chan~ Welcome to the best Class in the world~! " Chie-sensei striked the air above her with a fist, excitedly celebrating with a joyful smile of her own. " The workers are gonna shortly set your desk right at the back of the Class, if you wish to switch seats please just talk to me~ "

" No no, I think it's perfect. " Chie-sensei pointed towards the empty space behind Honami, to which Matsushita followed up with her line of sight. However, her eyes briefly darted towards me before quickly looking back at Chie-sensei and agreeing, with a perfect smile on her face.

Perfect for spying on me hmm ?

" That's great then~! " Chie-sensei clasped her heads together with a satisfied smile, before checking her watch and looking back at us again. " The results should already be out by now and feel free to discuss them for the rest of the homeroom or do whatever you please~ But for now- " Chie-sensei glanced towards me.

" Do you mind coming with me for a moment, Kiyotaka-kun ? "

" Hmm ? " I hummed confusingly at Chie-sensei's sudden request. However, I also noticed how her tone and expression changed as she addressed me.

" The acting director would like to talk with you about the reward for securing first place, so he requested me to summon you. " She elaborated. " He said that it's imperative that you come, so please follow me. "

" I see. " I mumbled, before slowly rising up from my chair and approaching the front door. Getting scrutinized by my peers as I stuffed both of my hands in my pockets and passed through the rows. " Is it gonna take long ? "