Vol 1 Chap 3 : Amasawa Ichika

" I finally got to meet you~ Kiyo~sen~pai~ "

" Eh ? " Amasawa's medium-pitched exclamation garnered the surprised reactions of my classmates. However, it seems they have fallen onto deaf ears as she focused solely on me with her gradient yellow eyes.

" Emm " Needless to say, I was also confused by this whole ordeal. So I decided to act normally " Who are you ? "

" I am Amasawa Ichika~ Pleasure meeting you~ Kiyo-senpai~ " She stuck out her hand in front of me for a handshake with her grin never leaving her face. I simply stared at it for a moment before shifting back towards her eyes

" What do you want ? " I ignored her attempt to befriend me and inquired for information. However, she didn't seem bothered by it.

" Simple~ I want to be Kiyotaka-senpai's partner~ " 

She voiced out her desire to which earned more surprised reactions. However, she didn't seem to be bothered by using my first name in front of so many people, one of which was my girlfriend who was laser-beaming holes in the back of her head. In fact, she was speaking in a normal pitched voice like I was the only person present in the room with her.

" Partners ? You mean the upcoming exam ? " 

" Mhm~ " She nodded before taking out her phone. " I have a high rating in academical ability~ an A to be exact, so there should be no problems for you right Senpai~ "

As she finished saying this, she stuck her phone close to my face to show me her OAA Profile. I slightly backed away in order to get a more clear look on her OAA again

Amasawa Ichika - Class 1-A

Academic Ability : A

Physical Ability : B+

Intelligence : A-

Decision making : B-

Cooperativeness : C+

Social contribution : C

Overall rating : B 

In theory, I shouldn't have any problems partnering up with her, she has a great Academical rating and she seems to be fairly intelligent too, both of us would absolutely achieve the top spot as far as the OAA is concerned. However...

" I'm cool with being your partner. " She victoriously grinned and took her phone off my face. " However, may I know real reason why do you want me as your partner ? "

This question should have taken her off guard however, she seems to have already anticipated it. For the first time she finally acknowledged somebody's presence and looked behind me where Kouenji was observing our little talk unfold with one eye and crossed legs.

" Sure~ but I want you to come out with me " Consecutively, for the first time, her boisterous expression broke down and stared at me with an apathetic expression. I ignored the small murmurs in the background and stared back at her too

" Sure " 

" W-Wait ! Kiyotaka ! " I ignored the small commotion that broke out and stood up from my seat, Amasawa neatly parked towards the side allowing me to stand up after cornering me for the past minutes.

" Don't worry, I'll be right back. " Honami was panicking on top of the podium to which I gave her a soft gaze right in front of the backdoor, she seemingly received the meaning and calmed down. However, she was reluctant about this and her gave me an anxious look. " Alright let's go "