V2 Chap 5 : The Deciding Battle

"Hey, hey, wanna hear something funny ? "

That was the first thing I heard when I entered the class this morning. Shibata trotted quickly over to a gathering of classmates and showed them an interesting thing on his phone. He burst into hysterical laughter just as I placed my luggage on the chair, and the other people just exchanged confused looks.

"What ? You guys don't get it too ?! " They all shook their heads, resulting in Shibata heaving a deep sigh before pulling everyone and quickly explaining his joke. On my periphery, I caught glimpses of Amikura facepalming while chuckling amusingly to herself.

"You won't join them Kiyo-boy ? " Momentarily after I settled down on my desk, Kouenji asked from behind. "Or perhaps you want to freshen yourself by sitting near the perfect existence himself."

"No, I simply don't feel like talking at the moment." I nonchalantly replied as I powered up my tablet and started loading my reading list. "Moreover, why don't you get out and socialize as well ? You can't always just sit there maintaining that posture and wait for people to approach you."

Turning around, I was met with Kouenji's feet as he had his legs crossed on top of the table, with a carefree smile on his face. Sensing my gaze, he positioned his legs on the other side of the table, out of my line of sight with a small hum as he did so.

 Sensing my gaze, he positioned his legs on the other side of the table, out of my line of sight with a small hum as he did so

"I have more than enough people appreciating my perfection Kiyo-boy. I'd say that's plenty. "With a soft laugh, Kouenji beautifully flipped his bangs. He then crossed his arms again and raised his crimson eyes to face me. "Anyhow, do you have any significant information to share with me hmm ? "

"Not really, but I have this" I placed my phone on top of his table, which prompted Kouenji to turn the screen around and check its components, with a curious look on his face. "Lemme know what you think."

There was a brief moment of silence, where Kouenji carefully read through the ambiguous message as I blankly stared at him. Soon enough, he started speaking

"Hah! This might be a trap" He laughed as he handed my phone back and expressed his initial impressions. "To be honest with you Kiyo-boy, I'm not sure how I feel. It looks plain obvious. But why do I think you'll look it up based on this ? "

Kouenji's feelings weren't off the mark. But it seems that he overlooked something.

"I cannot really ignore this can I ? " I emitted, staring at him while gently tapping the screen using my knuckles. "This isn't a normal message. It obviously came from a staff member's email address. I have checked it with Chie-sensei and she practically confirmed it. "

The address had a different format compared to what students usually use, so it couldn't have come from a student. The perpetrator used an external website to send the message through the school's database and towards my phone, which is something only a staff employee is capable of. However, it seems that they have covered their tracks well since Chie-sensei wasn't able to track them.